Tuition includes instructional fee, general fee, and other non-instructional service fees. Non-resident fees include a non-resident surcharge.
Kentucky and Indiana residents will be charged Ohio in-state tuition when applicable under reciprocity agreements.
Tuition per Credit Hour
- In-state tuition: $148.64
- Out-of-state tuition: $297.28
For the cost of more than one credit of tuition, see the table at the bottom of this page.
Schedule of Fees
Lab Fees (effective for Spring Semester 2017)
- Standard lab fee: $35 per lab contact hour
- Special lab fee: $50 per lab contact hour for courses with the department codes listed below (fee covers consumable materials and/or special supplies and equipment used)
- Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT)
- Culinary Arts (CUL)
- Dietetics (DT)
- Pastry Arts (PAS)
- Personal Chef (PCC)
- Welding (WLD)
- All Health and Public Safety Division courses, not including courses in Health and Fitness Technology (HFT), Health Information Management (HIM), Physical Education (PE), and Public Safety Technology (PST)
Course Fees (effective for Spring Semester 2017)
- Academic Foundations course fee: $10 per course
- Cooperative education course fee: $30 per course
- Directed practice / practicum course fee: $40 per course
- Web-based course fee: $10 per credit hour
- Special course fee: Some courses have additional fees related to the cost of special supplies and equipment used in specific degree or certificate programs.
Example - How to calculate tuition and lab fees for a course
An Ohio resident registers for a course. This course is listed in the catalog with 1 lecture contact hour, 2 lab contact hours, and 2 total credit hours.
Tuition for 2 total credit hours x $148.64 = $297.28
Lab fee for 2 lab contact hours x $35 = $70
Total tuition and lab fee for this class is $297.28 + $70 = $367.28
- Admission Application Fee: $15 (one-time fee, payable at first registration)
- Extended Payment Plan Fee: $60 per semester
- Facility Fee: $9 per credit hour up to a maximum of $82.50 per semester
- Registration Fee: $9 per semester
- Technology Fee: $37.50 per semester
Parking privileges $5 per day or $75 per semester
All fees are subject to change at the discretion of the College. Fees other than Tuition and Course/Lab fees are non-refundable.
All fees for each semester must be paid by the end of that semester. Certificates, degrees, transcripts, and further registration activities are withheld until all financial obligations are fully paid.
Books and Supplies
The cost of books and supplies can vary from semester to semester. Also, different programs have different requirements. For example, students in engineering technologies programs generally will spend more on supplies and equipment than students in business technologies programs. The first semester usually is the most expensive, as students purchase books and supplies at that time that will be used in later semesters also.
Students with pending financial aid in excess of their tuition and fees may charge books against their pending financial aid, using their SurgeCard, at the College’s Follett Bookstore located on the ground floor of the ATLC Building.
Cooperative Education Credit Charges
Charges for cooperative education class registration (co-op credits) must be paid on the established registration date. Review the program curriculum to determine the exact number of co-op credits required.
Cincinnati State Tuition Table
Credit In-state Out-of-state
Hours Tuition Tuition*
1 $148.64 $297.28
2 $297.28 $594.56
3 $445.92 $891.84
4 $594.56 $1,189.12
5 $743.20 $1,486.00
6 $891.84 $1,783.68
7 $1,040.48 $2,080.96
8 $1,189.12 $2,378.24
9 $1,337.76 $2,675.52
10 $1,486.40 $2,972.80
11 $1,635.04 $3,270.08
12 $1,783.68 $3,567.36
13 $1,932.32 $3,864.64
14 $2,080.96 $4,161.92
15 $2,229.60 $4,459.20
16 $2,378.24 $4,756.48
17 $2,526.88 $5,053.76
18 $2,675.52 $5,351.04
19 $2,824.16 $5,648.32
20 $2,972.80 $5,945.60
21 $3,121.44 $6,242.88
22 $3,270.08 $6,540.16
23 $3,418.72 $6,837.44
24 $3,567.36 $7,134.72
25 $3,716.00 $7,432.00
* Kentucky and Indiana residents will be charged Ohio in-state tuition when applicable under reciprocity agreements.