Cincinnati State Financial Aid OfficeTo help make an education at Cincinnati State even more affordable, our Financial Aid Office works closely with current and prospective students to help you learn about and apply for available grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study programs.
Room 155 Main Building (Clifton Campus)
Phone: (513) 569-1530
FAX: (513) 569-1469
What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid is financial assistance to help you pay for college. There are four types of financial aid.
- Grants are a type of financial aid that does not have to be repaid. Generally, grants are for undergraduate students, and the grant amount is based on need, cost of attendance, and enrollment status.
- Scholarships are financial awards given based on merit and/or need, and are awarded on various criteria, usually reflecting the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award.
- Loans are borrowed money that must be paid back to the loan provider over a period of time, usually after the student leaves school.
- Work study provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay for education expenses.
What should I do to be considered for financial aid, and to continue getting financial aid?
At the same time you apply to be a student at Cincinnati State, you may also apply for Financial Aid.
To be considered for financial aid:
- You must complete the Free Application for Student Financial Aid form (FAFSA)
- Use Cincinnati State’s Title IV School Code (010345) when filling out your FAFSA so that Cincinnati State’s Financial Aid Office receives your information as well
- If you need help completing your FAFSA application, contact the Educational Opportunity Center at (513) 569-1830 (Room 133 Main Building, Clifton Campus)
- You must be admitted to an eligible Cincinnati State degree program or to certain certificate-granting programs
- You must keep yourself informed concerning various terms and conditions of receiving aid, especially those concerning satisfactory academic progress, and must meet those conditions. It is the student’s responsibility to know, understand, and observe these policies
- You must reapply for federal/state aid every year. October 1 of each year is the earliest time to begin filing for financial aid assistance at fafsa.ed.gov
What are the important deadlines for financial aid?
- You must reapply for federal/state aid every year. October 1 of each year is the earliest time to begin filing for financial aid assistance at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Cincinnati State's priority deadline is February 15 of the following year to receive full consideration for campus-based financial aid.
- Cincinnati State Scholarship applications may be submitted beginning November 1.
What is the cost of tuition and fees at Cincinnati State?
Cincinnati State strives to make our education affordable. We are committed to a high quality education at an affordable price.
View Cincinnati State tuition and fees