Post-Secondary Enrollment Options
Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) provide Ohio high school aged students who are intellectually and socially capable of doing college work with an additional educational option. For information about the state requirements go to the Ohio Department of Education website. Please read the details about Cincinnati State's requirements for PSEO on the applicaiton.
PSEO is appropriate for high school students whose local school district is not able to offer the course(s) needed to meet students’ level of academic performance and for those students who have already completed all high school requirements and are ready to get a “head start” on college. The program is not intended to replace high school honors or advanced placement classes. Home school students are eligible to apply but must meet the ODE guidelines. Students accepted into the program may take classes on the Cincinnati State campus of their choice.
To apply please print and fill out the PSEO Application for the school year in which you plan to attend. Be sure to read the details on the application before applying. The deadline is strictly enforced so plan ahead to meet the deadline. The PSEO application process is:
- Complete the student portion of the application.
- Have your parent or guardian fill out and sign the appropriate portion of the application.
- Give the completed application to your high school counselor. Your counselor should fill out the counselor portion of the application. The completed application, the counselor’s letter of recommendation (on high school letterhead), and your official transcript must be mailed by the high school to:
Office of Admission
Cincinnati State Community College
3520 Central Parkway
Cincinnati OH 45223
- We will accept an electronic transcript if sent through EScript-Safe or Parchment, Inc.
- Once your three documents are received and processed by the College you will be notified by phone and email to complete the COMPASS and a keyboarding tests.
- Testing must be completed on or before the deadline date, so please have your counselor mail the application and supporting documents at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
The documents must be received by mail and processed before you may test. Placement testing is offered on the Clifton and Middletown campuses. For testing information, testing hours and additional details, please visit Admission Testing. A photo ID is required for testing. Parking on the Clifton campus is $5, in Middletown parking is free. You will be tested in math, reading, writing and a short keyboarding test. To be eligible you must test at the college level in all areas. Please allow one and a half hours for testing.
The application, supporting documents and COMPASS test must be completed by May 1 for fall semester and October 1 for spring semester.
PSEO admission decisions will be mail to you and your high school counselor or princepal two weeks after the application deadline. Students who have been accepted into the PSEO program at Cincinnati State and a parent or guardian are required to attend the PSEO orientation prior to registration. Invitations to the orientation will be will be mailed to students.
For further information please see the application. For questions about the PSEO program at Cincinnati State please call 513-569-1539.