Welcome, First-Time Student!
Congratulations on your decision to attend Cincinnati State. As a first-time student, you have never attended Cincinnati State before. This means you have not previously come to Cincinnati State, either to study for a degree or certificate program (“degree-seeking”) or to take one or more classes (“non-degree-seeking”).
There are several steps you must take before you can begin taking classes.
Do you want to take a class or two?
If yes, then you must simply complete a “Non-Degree” form and follow the instructions on it. You can access the form here. Non-Degree students are not eligible for financial aid or tuition reciprocity.
Do you want to earn an associate’s degree or certificate?
If yes, then you must be admitted to the College before you can begin taking classes at Cincinnati State.
If you are a high school graduate or have a high school equivalence (GED), you are eligible for admission. We suggest that you apply early. This means that you should begin the admission process ten weeks in advance of the semester you plan to attend Cincinnati State. This will allow the time needed to facilitate transcript requests, process financial aid, and advise you on your academic pursuits prior to the opening of registration. Note that admission to the College is based on the policy “first-come, first-qualified, first-served.” Applicants are notified by mail and your College email account regarding acceptance.
Take these three easy steps for admission to Cincinnati State:
- Submit an online Application for Admission. There is no application fee. A $15 nonrefundable admission fee will be billed at your first registration. Remember—apply early!
- Request that your high school guidance counselor send high school transcript directly to Cincinnati State, Office of Admission. Hand-carried or faxed transcripts are not accepted.
- If you are a college graduate, there is no need to have your high school transcript mailed to Cincinnati State; simply have an official copy of your college transcript mailed to the Office of Admission.
- For each college or university that you have attended and would like to have credit transferred to Cincinnati State, request that the college or university send an official transcript to the Office of Admission. An official evaluation of your transcript will be conducted by the Office of the Registrar once you have been fully admitted and met with your adviser. Hand-carried or faxed transcripts are not accepted.
- If you have a GED, send, bring, or fax a copy of the GED scores.
- Take the COMPASS® placement test for mathematics, writing, and reading. This is required of all new students who are seeking a degree or certificate. The test results assist your advisors in helping you succeed. Find out more about COMPASS testing at Cincinnati State.
Please mail all admission documents to the Clifton Office of Admission:
Office of Admission
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
3520 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45223
Attend a CState Information Session.
If you’re interested in attending Cincinnati State and would like to visit the campus, please sign up for a free CState Info Session. Sessions are offered on the Clifton, Middletown and Harrison Campuses. See the schedule below for your preferred campus. Info Sessions are designed for individuals and their family, for group visits please call 513-861-7700. We look forward to hosting you.
CState College Info Sessions are held every Tuesday at 9 am and 6:30 pm. Click here to register. The sessions are held in the Presentation Center, Main 180. This room is across the hall from the Office of Admission. The morning session includes a tour and an opportunity to meet with a representative from the division of your intended major. And if you stay to take the COMPASS® placement test, you’re invited to enjoy lunch (a $5 lunch voucher) on us.
The Clifton Campus is located:
3520 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45223
We are pleased to announce that CState College Info Sessions are now being held at our Harrison location the first Thursday of each month at 9 am and 6:30 pm. If you are interested in attending, please register here. The Harrison Campus is off the I-74 Dry Fork Exit and is located right near Harrison High School at:
10030 West Road
Harrison, OH 45030
CState College Info Sessions are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 9 am and 6:30 pm. A reservation is not required, but appreciated please click here. The sessions are held on the Middletown Campus:
1 North Main Street
Middletown, OH 45042
Apply to Cincinnati State now. Remember: The sooner you apply, the sooner you succeed.
Please take a minute or two to check out the Admissions FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
For more information about admission to Cincinnati State, please contact us. We are happy to help.