Welcome, Transfer Student!
We’re pleased that you have decided to transfer to Cincinnati State. Cincinnati State is accredited by the North Central Association and usually accepts transfer credit from any other regionally accredited college or university. Credits you wish to transfer must be formally evaluated by Cincinnati State before you are admitted to the College. This process may take several weeks, so it is beneficial to begin as far in advance as possible of the term you wish to begin. An official copy of each college transcript from which you wish to transfer credit must be mailed directly to Cincinnati State. Hand carried or faxed transcripts are not accepted.
If you do not plan to transfer credit, do not list the institution on your application for admission.
Do you plan to earn an associate’s degree or certificate?
If you do, there are several steps you must take before you can begin taking classes. Be sure to begin the process as early as possible. Important: Financial Aid is not activated until all of the following four steps are completed prior to the term you are seeking admission.
- Complete an online Application for Admission. There is no application fee. A $15 nonrefundable admission fee will be billed at your first registration. Remember—apply early!
- Request that your high school guidance counselor send high school and college transcripts (if applicable) directly to Cincinnati State, Office of Admission Records. If you have a GED, send a copy of the original transcript of GED scores to the Office of Admission Records. Hand-carried or faxed transcripts are not accepted.
- If you are a college graduate, there is no need to have your high school transcript mailed to Cincinnati State; simply have an official copy of your college transcript mailed to the Office of Admission.
- For each college or university that you have attended and would like to have credit transferred to Cincinnati State, request that the college or university send an official transcript to the Office of Admission. An official evaluation of your transcript will be conducted by the Office of the Registrar once you have been fully admitted and met with your advisor. Hand-carried or faxed transcripts are not accepted.
Office of Admission
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
3520 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45223
- Plan to take the COMPASS® placement test for mathematics, writing, and reading. A short keyboarding test will also be administered. This is required of all new students who are seeking a degree or certificate. Find out more about COMPASS testing at Cincinnati State.
If you have already taken college courses in algebra and/or in English and received a grade of “C” or better, you may qualify to waive part or all of the COMPASS test. Submit a COMPASS test waiver, and your request will be evaluated once your application is complete. If you have taken the COMPASS test at another institution, please bring your scores to the COMPASS lab at Cincinnati State for evaluation.
Do you want to take a course or two?
If you plan to take a course or two and are not seeking a degree or certificate, you do not need to submit the online application, or high school or college transcripts, or take the placement test. However, you do need to submit a non-degree application. If there are any course prerequisites, you must meet the perquisites before taking the course. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid or tuition reciprocity.
Be sure to take these other steps if applicable.
For more information about transferring to Cincinnati State, please contact us. We are happy to help.