How to Access Your Aid
How to access your financial aid award information
Accessing your information
Once you have applied for financial aid at Cincinnati State, it is important that you begin utilizing your Cincinnati State email address to receive information about your financial aid. You will be notified of any awards, changes to awards, and other valuable information via this email address.
You will receive an email any time your initial award is ready or there is a change to your award. To access your Cincinnati State award, follow these easy steps:
- Go to www.cincinnatistate.edu.
- Click on MyCState, and login.
If you have difficulty logging in, contact the Help Desk at (513) 569-1234.
- Click on the MyServices tab.
- Under Financial Aid, Click on MyAward.
How does the financial aid process work?
Here is a summary of the financial aid process:
- Students receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for FAFSA online at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Students may then complete the FAFSA online, using the PIN provided, at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to put Cincinnati State’s code (010345) on the completed application.
- The Department of Education processes the FAFSA and sends notification of financial aid awards to both the student and to Cincinnati State.
- Cincinnati State's Office of Financial Aid notifies the student via Cincinnati State email of any discrepancy of information, if applicable.
- Once necessary documents are received, they are processed in approximately 3 weeks.
- Once a student's financial aid file is complete, they will receive notification of their awards via their Cincinnati State student email account.
- To accept any loan awards, students should complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
- Students with financial aid in excess of their account balance (negative balance on pending aid statement) may use their pending aid to charge their books at the Cincinnati State Bookstore during a designated time period each semester.
- Awards will be credited to the student's account during the fifth week of the term. If a refund is due to the student, is mailed within 14 business days.