The Annual Plant Sale sponsored by the Cincinnati State Horticulture Club begins Saturday, May 6, at the Clifton Campus Greenhouse (next to the Ludlow Garage), from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(There's a small driveway to the Greenhouse, between Ludlow Avenue and the Ludlow Garage.)
On the sale's opening day, Horticulture Program Chair Mark Deacon will present a 30-minute seminar on "How to plant annuals," offered from 11-11:30 a.m. and again from 1-1:30 p.m.
The sale continues until all plants are gone. Scheduled days include:
- Tuesday, May 9 - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 10 - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, May 11 - 1 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, May 12 - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13 (day before Mother's Day) - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Plants on sale include annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, and shrubs. Most plants are the result of Horticulture student lab activities on plant propagation.
All proceeds go to the Horticulture Club, and support students in attending the National Collegiate Landscape Competition.