What's a biography? A biography is a work about a specific person that is written by someone else; an autobiography is a work written by the actual subject about his or her own life.
Books that are biographies are all shelved together in the Cincinnati State Library--all of the call numbers will start with a "B" & they are filed alphabetically by the person's name that they written about (not always the author's name).
Researching from off-campus? You'll need to enter your name & 7-digit College ID to access these resources.
- Biography Reference Bank
- OhioLINK's Electronic Book Center Find background information in the Reference Collection.
- Literary Reference Center Focus on Authors
- Encyclopedia of World Biography View in BLINK
- African American Lives View in BLINK
- African American Writers Online: Connect through BLINK
- American Business Leaders Online: Connect through BLINK
- American Men & Women of Science Online: Connect through BLINK
- American Writers Before 1800 View in BLINK
- Oxford Dictionary of Saints Online: Connect through BLINK
- A Dictionary of Scientists Online: Connect through BLINK
- Encyclopedia of Artists View in BLINK
- New Grove Dictionary of Music and MusiciansView in BLINK
- Oxford Guide to People & Places in the Bible Online: Connect through BLINK
- Thinkers of the Twentieth Century View in BLINK
- Who's Who in the Ancient World Online: Connect through BLINK
- Who's Who in the Twentieth Century Online: Connect through BLINK