Cooperative Education – The Smart Choice
Cooperative Education exposes the student to workplace and to career options. It not only promotes a sense of independence and professional maturity but also increases opportunities for career positions following graduation.
Each student is assigned a Co-op Coordinator who acts as a resource throughout the program, serving as a liaison between the student and employers. The co-op coordinator also assists in identifying learning objectives and goals.
These are just some of the advantages of the co-op program:
- Cooperative education links students, Cincinnati State, and employers in an exceptional academic partnership.
- Internships and co-op positions let students apply classroom learning in a real-world setting.
- Co-op students “earn as they learn” to offset the cost of their education.
- Co-op experiences often help students clarify career goals; students tend to have a clearer sense of the big picture.
- Students who have completed a co-op placement have greater success at completing degree and certificate goals.
Getting Started - Preparing for a Co-op/ Internship
The Cooperative Education program at Cincinnati State helps provide our students with the most comprehensive professional preparation available. Our goal is to help you be a successful participant in the co-op program. Your co-op coordinator plays an important role in helping guide you through the co-op program.
Click the Academic Division links below to receive detials and discuss your co-op options. You can also view our Co-op Student FAQs for more information.
- NEW CState Career Link System for Co-op and PTEC.
To ensure on-time graduation, students are encouraged to meet with their Academic Advisor upon admission to their program.
The student is responsible for working with their international student advisor to ensure all your paperwork is in order prior to and during the co-op experience.