College Credit Plus - Resource Materials
Earn College Credit and High School Credit at the same time
College Credit Plus
3520 Central Parkway, Room 146 MAIN | Cincinnati, OH 45223
Repository for important documents related to College Credit Plus.
- College Credit Plus Application and
Instructions for Students
DEADLINE FOR FALL SEMESTER CONSIDERATION: FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2015. In addition to online availability, this form can be distributed to students by their high school guidance counselors, and/or high school teachers. The College Credit Plus Application must be completed in its entirety for consideration. The application can be filled out online, but must be printed for signatures of the student, parent/guardian, and high school guidance counselor/principal. Applications received without the appropriate signatures will not be processed. High school transcripts and qualifying ACT, SAT, COMPASS, Accuplacer, or other equivalent scores must be submitted with the application. If qualifying test scores are not available by the deadline, the student can still submit their application and high school transcripts, but will be required to take the COMPASS test to determine college readiness.
- College Credit Plus Handout
Highlights Cincinnati State’s College Credit Plus program and opportunities for high school students.
- Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ’s provided by the Ohio Board of Regents regarding College Credit Plus.
- Student Eligibility
Information regarding student eligibility to participate in the College Credit Plus program.
- College Credit Plus Instructor Approval Request with Checklist and Credential Information
High school faculty members who would like to be considered for approval to teach Cincinnati State courses as part of the College Credit Plus program must complete the application form and to it, attach their resume and transcripts. This form and all attachments are returned to Off-Campus Programs for processing. A checklist is provided for your convenience.
- Course Request and Authorization Worksheet
The Course Request and Authorization Worksheet should be completed in conjunction with your High School Counselor and must be returned to Cincinnati State prior to CCP Orientation or Advising appointments. This form is used as a registration tool for specific courses and acknowledges both College courses and High School course fulfillment. Several common Pathway courses are provided for reference.
- Credit Transfer links
Provides information regarding credit transfer, specific to the Ohio Board of Regents’ Ohio Articulation and Transfer Policy. Link provides resources pertaining to Transfer Assurance Guides (TAG) and Career-Technical Credit Transfer (CT)² courses, AP Placement, Ohio Transfer Module (OTM), and more.
Obtaining CCP Textbook/Materials For Courses On-Campus Or Online
This notification applies to you if you are a College Credit Plus (CCP) Student and registered for a college course at Cincinnati State’s main campus, West Campus in Harrison, Middletown Campus, or ONLINE.
NOTE: This information does NOT apply to you if you are taking a Cincinnati State college course located at a high school location. For you, the high school will provide the textbook/materials required for the course(s).
Cincinnati State is pleased to be able to provide the essential textbook/materials required for successful completion for each course you’ve registered at one of our campus locations or online. The following steps will provide the directions for you to obtain the necessary books/materials required for the classes you’ve registered for the fall semester:
- Print this email and your course registration statement (from MYSERVICES).
- Take the printed copy of this email, the course registration statement, AND a photo ID to the Cincinnati State College Bookstore. These documents will serve as your personal identification as a College Credit Plus student and indicate your eligibility to receive the course textbook/instructional materials for your registered courses from the College Bookstore, at no cost to you. You may visit the College Bookstore during normal business hours (Bookstore Hours are published on the Bookstore web page). The bookstore staff will assist you from here. Only books and materials required for your registered courses will be covered under this agreement. Please note: many textbooks issued to students may require your prompt return of those materials at the conclusion of the semester.
Bookstore contact information can be located here: http://www.cincinnatistate.edu/on-campus/bookstore
We are pleased you’ve selected Cincinnati State as your CCP partner and wish you all the best as pursue your education with us. Currently registered CCP students with questions may contact your advisor at Advising & Counseling at 513.569.1552
CCP Information for students takingcourses on the college campus:
Office of Admission
Advising & Counseling
CCP Information for students taking courses at high school partner high schools:
(513) 569-4988 (Office)
Official Transcripts of college courses you've completed:
Office of Registrar
Technology Help Desk for questions about your student technology accounts and student discounts:
In The News
Local High Schools Partner With Cincinnati State – The Journal News