Cincinnati State's Advising Center
The Advising Center services pre-admit students for all academic divisions. Pre-admit students are required to take one or more Academic Foundations (AF) or English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. For more information regarding these courses, click on the Foundation Courses tab below.
Advising Center Mission
The mission of the Advising Center at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is to provide an educational partnership between advisors and students, where both teaching and learning occurs. The advisors assist students in transitioning to college life and are committed to empowering students by helping them develop and execute sound educational plans that align with personal, academic and professional goals. Advisors support and encourage students to become engaged, self-directed learners and competent decision makers.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Academic Advising Experience
Through the academic advising experience Cincinnati State students will be able to:
- Develop an educational plan.
- Understand the purpose of Academic Foundations/ESL (English as a Second Language) as it relates to their degree goals.
- Know specific degree requirements for their major.
- Know name and location of their advisor on campus.
- Understand the campus resources and how to access them.
- Develop an appropriate schedule and register online.
- Utilize myServices.
- Utilize the College catalog and other campus publications
- Understand the advisor’s role in the student educational experience.
- Understand the use of the Important Dates Chart.