2011 Unsung Hero Award and Scholarship Program Winners
December 22, 2010
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College Workforce Development Center and Cincy Magazine have announced the winners of the inaugural Unsung Hero Award and Scholarship Program. This award has been created to honor outstanding employees who rarely, if ever, receive the recognition they deserve. The program is also designed to establish a substantive scholarship fund for unemployed and under-employed workers with financial need who wish to participate in training at Cincinnati State’s Workforce Development Center.
The 2011 Unsung Hero Award and Scholarship Program winners are:
• Linda Baas, Director of Nursing Research, The Christ Hospital
• Scott Bagley, Director of Human Resources, The Matrix Companies
• Stan Carter, Direct Support Professional, Resident Home Corporation
• Connie Hampton, Kitchen & Bath Designer, Neal’s Design• Remodel
• Carolyn Hill, Production Supervisor, Robert W. Franks Adult Center
• Susan Kroner, Human Resource Specialist, Ascendum Solutions LLC
• Amy Luechauer, Clinical Manager, Cincinnati Eye Institute
• Vetta Miller, Supervisor-Operations, UC Health
• Lisa Slutsky, Coordinator, Great Oaks Career Campuses
• Edward Sunderhaus, Physics Instructor, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
• Tamara Thrasher, Receptionist, Society of St. Vincent de Paul
• Roger Zellars, Associate Director, Prospect House, Inc.
All winners will be honored at the Unsung Hero Award and Scholarship Program event on February 18th, 2011 at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College. Registration begins at 5:30 p.m., and the awards program will begin at 6:00 p.m.
Local 12 News Anchor Paula Toti will emcee the event.
The keynote speaker will be Fernando Aguirre, the Chairman and CEO of Chiquita Brands International, a Cincinnati-based distributor of fruits and vegetables that employs 23,000 people and maintains operations on six continents. Aguirre was recently featured on the Emmy-nominated CBS reality show, “Undercover Boss.”
For more information about the Unsung Hero Award and Scholarship Program, or to make reservations for the event, call Beth Gunderson, Special Events Coordinator, at (513) 297-6218, or visitwww.cincymagazine.com for online reservations. The deadline for reservations is February 8, 2011.
All winners will also be featured in the February issue of Cincy Magazine.
Joining in sponsoring the Unsung Hero Awards & Scholarship are Duke Energy, CFM Religion Publishing Group, LLC and Anthem.