Institute for Social Media announces Advisory Committee
January 6, 2011
First 2011 Marketing Certificate program to be offered Feb. 9, 16, and 23
The Institute for Social Media at Cincinnati State has assembled an Advisory Committee that has attracted leading practitioners in the field.
The committee’s primary role will be to provide guidance and feedback regarding the curriculum, the overall programming and services as well as the long-range objectives of the Institute, which is housed at Cincinnati State’s Workforce Development Center in Evendale.
The Institute’s inaugural offering was an intensive three-day, three credit-hour certificate program oriented toward business professionals. The course –a sellout – was designed to teach attendees exactly how to create, implement, and measure a strategic, results-driven social media marketing plan.
Feedback from participants in the first class was highly positive. Among the comments received on evaluations:
“The Institute for Social Media @ Cincinnati State Marketing Certificate Program has provided an incredible foundation of core marketing values infused with social media skills & strategies…My primary focus is to use the tolls & strategies to launch my business.’’
“The Social Media Marketing program @ Cincinnati State has over delivered…’’
Dr. Dennis N. Ulrich, Executive Director of the Workforce Development Center and Chairman of the Institute for Social Media’s advisory committee, said the next certificate program in February will be enhanced in response to feedback from those in the first session. He said new certificates (Human Resources, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development), and the overall direction of the Institute’s programming, will also be shaped by members of the Advisory Committee.
Members of the committee include:
• Jonathan Adams – President, SALIX
• Pete Blackshaw – Executive Vice President, Digital Strategic Services, Nielsen Online
• Kevin Dugan – Director, Social Marketing, Empower MediaMarketing
• Amy Fox – President, Accelerated Business Results
• Kelly Harper – Cooperative Education Coordinator, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
• Jason Kintzler – Founder and CEO, PitchEngine.com
• Jim Kleemeier – Project Manager, Cincinnati State Workforce Development Center
• Bill “Red Dog” Martin - Interactive Media Entrepreneur, Procter & Gamble
• Jennifer McClure – President, Unbridled Talent
• Krista Neher - CEO, Boot Camp Digital
• Dan O’Keeffe - President, O’Keeffe PR
• Kendra Ramirez – Social Media Strategist, Accelerated Business Results
• Jonathan Richman - Director of Social Media, Bridge Worldwide
• Michael Rubin - Social Media Strategist, Fifth Third Bank
• Dr. Dennis N. Ulrich, Executive Director, Cincinnati State, Workforce Development Center
• Derrick T. Wilson, Business Development, Grant Thornton, LLP
• Brian D. Wright - Attorney at Law, Faruki Ireland & Cox P.L.L.
The Institute for Social Media is a partnership between Cincinnati State, Boot Camp Digital, and O’Keeffe PR. According to Dr. Ulrich, the Institute’s goal is to educate participants on the most advanced techniques available for leveraging social media to achieve business success for themselves and their employers.
Although it is designed with business professionals in mind, the program is open to anyone interested in the practical application of social media. Sessions include classroom instruction, student evaluation, testing and homework.
For more information and to register, call 513-569-1643 or visit: