Professional, Managerial, Leadership, and Law Enforcement
Custom results-driven training and education for your business or organization.
Programs for professional, managerial, leadership, and law enforcement training at The Workforce Development Center (WDC) at Cincinnati State mean business all the way: from business basics and quality improvement to leadership training and communication skill-building.
Businesses and public sector organizations turn to us time and again to create programs that develop more educated and engaged workers. Our seasoned professionals and outstanding educators do just that through customized programming presented at the client’s site, on our campus, or a combination of both—whatever works best for the client and the learning objectives.
‘Business basics’ and much more
At the Workforce Development Center, we offer:
- Many programs on business basics, such as Customer Service, Team Building and Effective Public Speaking, plus advanced skills and topics such as budgeting, entrepreneurship, and much more;
- Customized HR and leadership training on dozens of key supervisory, organization development and business-building topics, such as strategic planning, succession planning, group dynamics and problem solving, diversity, multi-generational workgroups, and workplace violence;
- A wide variety of skill-building programs, such as project management, time mastery, report writing, writing professional e-mails, and customized math and English refresher training;
- Communication skill-building, including technical writing, and customized language courses such as Spanish for the workplace, English as a Second Language (ESL), and more.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC), both customized courses taught on-site and online.
In addition, thanks to our easy access to experts in a wide variety of fields, the Center is proud to offer an array of courses for the culinary arts, landscape horticulture and turf ground management, automotive supervision and management, and other industries.
Click here for more details about programs and classes.
Quality and Productivity Improvement Systems
Are you interested in improving your company’s bottom line with strategic, practical quality and process improvement programs? Turn to WDC for expert training and facilitation.
Total Quality Management (TQM)
TQM makes sense for any company committed to taking an integrated management approach that focuses all functions and levels of an organization on quality and continuous improvement.
TQM training at WDC covers the following and more:
- Statistical Process Control
- Process Mapping, FMEA
- Process Variation Identification
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Kaizen, 5S
- Problem Solving Process
- Plan, Do, Check, Act Process
Total Productive Maintenance
Effective, comprehensive TPM programs enhance equipment efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
You and your team can learn and apply these and other TPM tools:
- Value Stream Mapping
- Problem Solving Process
Six Sigma & Lean Six Sigma
Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma are a customer focused and data driven approach to problem solving and process improvement with the goal of 99.9997% excellence. With the Workforce Development Center as your Six Sigma partner, define problems in your processes and implement effective solutions. Participants may seek Green and Black Belt certification.
Here are some of the tools of Lean Six Sigma:
- DMAIC Process
- Discrete & Continuous Probability of Distribution
- Quality Function Deployment & Process Mapping
- Hypotheses Testing & Confidence Intervals
- DOE & ANOVA
- Control ChartSolid quality and end-to-end flexibility
One size never fits all. That’s why we offer:
- A variety of instructional formats: classroom-based, interactive/experiential, self-paced, online, and blended;
- College credit, which can lead to certificates or even college degrees, for many of our programs;
- Flexible scheduling—even nights and weekends, depending on your need.
Your wise investment
WDC training is competitively priced and cost-effective, with a direct impact on productivity, performance, safety, and efficiency. In many cases, financial assistance may be available. For employees with tuition reimbursement benefits, training costs may be paid in full or in part. Grant assistance may be available for company-sponsored training.
For more details about how WDC can meet your specialized training needs, call (513) 569-1643 or email us. We are happy to help!
State your business—and get the quality, affordable training you need—at the Workforce Development Center at Cincinnati State.