The Cincinnati State Be Great High School Grant program provides funds for tuition (up to $1,000/year) and books (up to $1,000/year).
- Who is eligible: Qualified graduates of Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) high schools and Cincinnati Youth Collaborative (CYC) high schools.
Qualifications for the Be Great High School Grant
- 2018 graduate of CPS high school (see list below of participating schools)
- First-time, degree-seeking student at Cincinnati State
- Will attend Cincinnati State full-time (taking a minimum of 12 credit hours) starting in Fall Semester 2018
- Pell Grant eligible
How to apply:
- Apply to Cincinnati State, by completing the online application form. It’s free, and takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
- You must apply to a degree program to be eligible for the Be Great High School Grant.
Complete the FAFSA form to be considered for a Pell Grant. Use school code 010345 for Cincinnati State.
Maintaining and Renewing the Be Great High School Grant
The Be Great High School Grant can be renewed for up to six semesters for students who meet these requirements:
- Attend Cincinnati State as a full-time student seeking an associate's degree (taking a minimum of 12 credits per semester, in Fall and Spring semesters), until graduation
- Maintain academic good standing in the student's degree program
- Meet Cincinnati State standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Maintain Pell Grant eligibility
- Maintain regular interactions with your assigned mentor
Students who receive the Be Great High School Grant will not receive any cash disbursements.
- Any unused portions of a student's award for a semester will be applied to future semesters within the same academic year.
- Unused funds at the end of the academic year will revert back to the Cincinnati State Be Great Grant program.
For more information (CPS & CYC high school counselors and students) contact:
College Representative, Office of Admission
Schools in the Be Great High School Grant Program
- Aiken High School (CPS)
- Cincinnati Digital Academy (CPS)
- Clark Montessori High School (CPS)
- Dater High School (CPS)
- Finneytown High School (CYC)
- Gamble Montessori High School (CPS)
- Hughes STEM High School (CPS)
- Mt. Healthy High School
- North College Hill High School (CYC)
- Norwood High School (CYC)
- Oyler School (CPS)
- Riverview East Academy (CPS)
- School for Creative and Performing Arts (CPS)
- Shroder High School (CPS)
- Taft Information Technology High School (CPS)
- Walnut Hills High School (CPS)
- Western Hills University High School (CPS)
- Winton Woods High School (CYC)
- Withrow University High School (CPS)
- Woodward Career Technical High School (CPS)
- Virtual High School (CPS)