Campus Police Department
Cincinnati Area Emergency
Emergency ProceduresIf you discover a fire:
- Alert people in the immediate area.
- Activate the nearest fire alarm.
- Call the Campus Police Department at (513) 569-1558.
- Evacuate the building.
- Do not re-enter building until advised by the Fire Department.
- When notified of imminent danger from severe weather, do not go outside. Seek shelter inside.
- Stay away from outside windows, outside doors, and large open areas.
- Once in an interior area, assume a seated position and cover your head with your arms or other covering to protect yourself from falling or flying debris.
- Once the severe weather has passed, assist anyone in your area who is injured, and notify Campus Police.
- When notified or if you become aware of a violent incident on campus, lock doors as soon as possible.
- Remain as calm as possible.
- Direct everyone in the room to stay away from doors and windows.
- Contact the Campus Police Department at (513) 569-1558 or call 911.
- Give Campus Police your location, type of incident, number of suspects, and other information asked.
- Advise whether you know the suspect’s current location.
- Advise whether people are injured and indicate their location.