What is Information Security?
Information Security is the people, policies, processes, and technologies (hardware & software) associated with:
- Identifying/assessing information-related assets, risks, vulnerabilities, targets and threats
- Preserving & protecting information-related assets against unauthorized access, theft, alteration, or destruction
- Detecting and investigating abuse of information-related assets
- Protecting personal privacy
- Recommending solutions to reduce risk and liability
What is Information Security Awareness?
Information security awareness is educating the campus community about the inherent risks of the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of systems & data, and how we all can protect these systems & data.
This program applies to anyone who accesses any of the Cincinnati State network including:
- Employees (full and part-time)
- Consultants, Contractors, Vendors
The Information Security Awareness Program will consist of the following components.
- Acceptable Use of Technology: Contains an acceptance process to ensure the campus community understands and accepts the Acceptable Use of Technology Policy.
- Information Security Awareness Program Guidelines (this website)
- Information Security Awareness Information Sessions: On a recurring basis, ITS will conduct brief and concise face-to-face awareness information sessions regarding information security topics
- Information Security Awareness Month: October is the National Cyber Security Awareness Month. ITS will conduct weekly awareness sessions to cover a variety of topics.
Information Security Awareness Program Guidelines
Information security awareness is educating the campus community about the inherent risks of the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of systems & data, and how we can protect these systems & data.
End users are the largest audience in any organization and are the single most important element to reduce unintentional errors and IT vulnerabilities. The following is a list of specific guidelines that will define terms and concepts to help you, as a member of the College, to do your part in keeping our systems & data secure.