Application, Registration & Access
- CCP Authorization Worksheet
The CCP Authorization Worksheet is a REQUIRED part of the new and continuing application process.
- How to Search for a Class
Link to a YouTube video that will help you use the Course Search feature of Cincinnati State’s webpage.
- How to Search for an Online Class
Link to a YouTube video that will help you use the Course Search feature of Cincinnati State’s webpage to look specifically for an online class.
- How to Access MyCState
Link to a YouTube video that will help you log in to the MyCState student portal, look up your username and reset your password.
- Course Exceptions/Exclusions
CCP students are able to participate in any course for which they qualify, with a few exceptions.These exceptions include those controlled by regulatory requirements of the CCP Program (such as Foundations courses) as well as others.Other courses not on this list may not be appropriate automatically for some CCP students, but will be guided by the advising relationship between the student and the Academic Advisor.This list is updated annually, or as otherwise needed, and incorporated into our policies and procedures associated with CCP student registration.
- CCP Brochure
- Career Coach
Discover majors and in-demand careers and education based on your interests!
- Official Transcript Request Form
Students who wish to transfer credits earned at Cincinnati State to another college or university must complete and return the Official Transcript Request form. It is highly recommended students submit this one time, at the end of their participation in the CCP Program at Cincinnati State. Further, it is strongly suggested students mark the checkbox beside “Current semester grades are posted” to ensure complete transcripts when sending them to another institution.
COVID-19 Alternate Bookstore Procedure for CCP Students
If you are taking classes offered in your high school, your textbook will be provided by your high school.
If you are taking classes on our campus or online:
- Print your course registration statement (from MyServices for Students).
- Take the printed copy of the course registration statement AND a photo ID to the Cincinnati State College Bookstore to the Cincinnati State College Bookstore one week prior to the start of the semester to receive the course textbook materials for your registered courses from the College Bookstore, at no cost to you.
- Students who order their textbooks and materials online will have to pay for their purchase and seek reimbursement from their school district. Cincinnati State will NOT reimburse students for the cost of their textbooks purchased online from the Campus Bookstore or any other online textbook provider.
- Visit the College Bookstore website for hours of operation and contact information.
- To pick up textbooks at the Middletown Campus, contact the Campus Bookstore.
Student Support Services
Start here, go anywhere! The Transfer Center is staffed with representatives from area colleges and universities.
Transfer of Credit
- Transfer Center
- Official Transcript Request Form
- Ohio Department of Higher Education Credit Transfer
College Readiness & Expectations
College Ready – Beyond the ScoreStudents who wish to participate in the CCP Program must be college ready in ways academic eligibility does not measure. Successful students engage in the process of becoming a CCP student from the submission of the online CCP application through registering for classes. CCP students who initiate engagement with their Academic Advisors are more likely to initiate engagement with their professors and classmates, and subsequently, are more successful in their academic pursuits. While we are happy to help parents navigate the CCP Program and its processes, we strongly encourage and, in many instances, require student engagement.
Student ExpectationsCCP students are expected to:
- Check their SurgeMail daily
- As a CCP student, important communication is delivered via SurgeMail. Students are held accountable to and responsible for understanding the information shared via SurgeMail.
- Participate in classes as a college student
- Although CCP students may be high school age, or younger, when taking a college course, students are expected to behave and participate in the classroom, virtual or physical, as a college student.
- Adhere to the rules and guidelines provided in the Student Handbook as any other Cincinnati State student.
- Remember, CCP is your program. You are a college student and are bound by the same rules and policies as traditional college students.
- Communicate regularly with both Cincinnati State representatives and high school administrators.
- CCP students are required to provide their high schools a copy of their registration statement and will need to adhere to all high school graduation requirements.
- Careful communication between student, high school and college help ensure all parties are aware of important issues such as:
- Courses taken as part of the CCP program satisfy needed high school graduation requirements
- Student schedules
- Other academic and non-academic concerns and issues
College students must self-identify or disclose their disability. CCP students must engage with the Office of Disability Services for accommodations and provide required documentation of disability.
Students with Disabilities IDEA and ADA
There is no Special Education at the college level. Educational rights covered by IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Act) do not apply to postsecondary education. Colleges must comply with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Civil Rights Restoration Act. College students have civil rights, but no “education” rights.
- Differences Between High School and College Disability Services
- Secondary Transition Planning for Students with Disabilities