Note: This certificate program is not currently enrolling new students.
The Restorative Aide certificate provides the skills needed to assist patients in a health care facility with tasks of daily living. These skills include:
- lifting, moving, and ambulation procedures
- caring for individuals with musculoskeletal, neurological, and integumentary (skin) conditions
- providing restorative approaches to meeting needs for nutrition, hydration, personal care, and other daily activities
- completing documentation of care
Graduates Are Prepared To
- Assist patients in a health care facility with tasks of daily living
Effective 2020-2021 academic year
Restorative Aide Certificate (RESTC)
Program Prerequisites: AFL 085 Applications of College Reading and Writing and AFM 095 Foundations of Basic Algebra, or appropriate placement test scores, and MCH 130 Nurse Aide Training or currently in good standing on the Ohio State Nurse Aide registry.
|MCH 136||Restorative Aide Training||2|
The letters G, B, and T (displayed after course titles or elective descriptions) identify types of courses required by the Ohio Department of Higher Education as part of an associate’s degree curriculum.
G = General Education course in this curriculum
B = Basic Skills course in this curriculum
T = Technical course in this curriculum
Lisa Lucas, MA