Refund of Tuition Charges
Students are responsible for paying all charges incurred as a result of registering for classes. The College will not drop a student’s classes or reduce tuition charges/fees due to a student’s non-payment of those charges.
Students may receive a fee reduction for classes by formally withdrawing from those classes for any reason. The amount of the fee reduction is based on the date of withdrawal and calculated according to the College’s published refund schedule. Refunds are disbursed to the student or/and a third-party payor. There also may be a reduction or loss of financial aid eligibility.
Refund checks are mailed to students within 14 days of financial aid disbursal if there is financial aid in excess of a student’s tuition charges/fees.
- Requests for refunds are considered only if the student officially drops the course. Students may utilize the online registration function of MyServices to drop courses at any time. The online option to drop a course is not available once the semester begins. Students may also drop a course at any time by completing and signing the official Registration Activity Form. This form is also available in the Office of the Registrar.
- The Admission fee, Registration fee and Late Registration fee are NOT refundable.
- The following fees are not refundable unless the College cancels all classes for which the student registers:
- Registration fee
- Technology fee
- Facility fee
- Extended Payment Plan fee
- The College’s tuition refund schedule is as follows:
Courses which have a beginning date of the first week of the full semester and an ending date of the last week of the full semester:
- Refunds for classes dropped before the first day of the semester are calculated at a rate of 100% refund of the in-state or out-of-state tuition and course/lab fee for the dropped class. Students are not eligible for financial aid for these dropped classes.
- Refunds for classes dropped from the first day of the semester through the seventh calendar day of the semester term are calculated at a rate of 100% refund of the in-state or out-of-state tuition and course/lab fee only for the dropped class. Students are not eligible for financial aid for these dropped classes.
- Refunds for classes dropped from the eighth to fourteenth calendar day of the semester are calculated at a rate of 50% refund of the in-state or out-of-state tuition fee and course/lab fee for the dropped class.
- There is no reduction of charges for courses dropped after the fourteenth calendar day of the semester; however, there may be a reduction or loss of financial aid eligibility.
- Courses which have a beginning or/and ending date different than the first and last weeks of the normal full semester schedule are considered flexibly scheduled and have a prorated refund period, as follows:
- A 100% refund is applicable to a flexibly scheduled course dropped in the first 7% phase of that course’s meeting period.
- A 50% refund is applicable to a flexibly scheduled course dropped in the 8% to 14% phase of that course’s meeting period.
- No refund is applicable after the 14% phase of the meeting period.
- Course cancellation: A refund of 100% is made to a student who has registered for courses that have been cancelled by the College, if the student does not change to another course.
- Refunds for students whose registration bill was paid by third party funding (financial aid, agency) are applied toward reimbursing the third party before any disbursement to the student.
- If a student owes a financial obligation to the College, the refund is applied toward payment of the balance due before any disbursement to the student.
- Students who do not follow the established dropped-class procedures of the College are not eligible for a refund.
- Students who have questions concerning refunds should contact the Cashier’s Office.
- Appeals to this refund policy may be filed by completing and submitting an appeal form, available at the Cashier’s Office.
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College reserves the right to revise this statement of tuition refunds at any time.
For more information contact the Cashier's Office, phone (513) 569-1580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition fee waivers are available for senior citizens who register to audit courses on a space-available basis during open registration periods. The waiver covers the in-state tuition fee; senior citizens must pay all other fees. Waivers are not applicable to non-audited courses or to non-credit courses. A senior citizen is defined as a student who is 60 years of age or older at the time of registration.