Safety & Environmental
This course is offered at the Evendale campus and at client's site.
The target audience for this training program includes: Individuals who are entering the workforce and need to attend OSHA-mandated entry-level safety training.
This hands-on course provides the basic knowledge, skills and aptitude for individuals who are members of a facility or site HAZMAT team, or who functions as a site environmental hazardous substances cleanup worker. After the completion of this course, the student will possess the basic core competencies of managing and responding to a hazardous substance(s) (materials and hazardous waste) incident or site clean up. The student will possess the skill sets for site ( or scene) risk assessment, and operate within an emergency response plan and Incident Command System (FEMA NIMS-based) team. The student will possess the basic skills to recognize and implement event (scene); personal health and safety procedures, employment and operation of air monitoring equipment, hazardous materials sampling equipment, manage DECON operations, spill control equipment and containment strategies.
Help students gain an understanding of:
- The basic hazard and risk assessment techniques
- The classification, identification and verification of known and unknown materials by field survey (e.g. air monitors)
- How to select and use proper personal protective equipment provided to the first responders at the operational level
- Basic hazardous materials (chemical & toxicological) terms
- How to perform basic control, containment, and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available with their unit.
- How to implement basic decontamination procedures
- The relevant standard operating procedures and termination procedures
- How to be able to function within an assigned role in the Incident Command System
- The hazards and risks associated with employees working in chemical protective clothing
- To implement the employers Emergency Response Plan or environmental site Health & Safety Plan
- This course prepares an individual to function as a HAZWOPER Specialist On-Scene Incident Commander, or Environmental General Site Worker.
- Content is written to meet specific curriculum as listed in 29 CFR 1910.120, NFPA 472 & 40 CFR Part 311, and course outcomes and every piece of content is mapped to specific objectives. Resources included detailed student course book, HAZMAT technical reference.
- All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers.
To reserve space in an upcoming class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-569-1643.
For More Information
COL Bob Cutajar, USA (ret.) Assistant Business Manager
Cincinnati State Workforce Development Center
10100 Reading Rd.
Cincinnati, OH. 45241
Office (513) 569-5731