Safety & Environmental
This course is offered at the Evendale campus, or onsite. Note: this class runs as a contract training engagement only, and requires a minimum of seven (7) attendees.
The target audience for this training program includes: Individuals who are entering the workforce and need to attend OSHA-mandated entry-level safety training.
This course will help students develop a basic understanding of OSHA regulations and how they apply in the workplace. Each student will be awarded an OSHA 30-Hour General Industry OSHA Outreach Safety Card.
Help students gain an understanding of:
- Introduction to OSHA regulations & record keeping
- Key elements of the Hazardous (Chemical Safety) Communications Standard (GHS)
- Key elements of Walking & Working Surfaces Standards
- Key elements of Means of Egress and Fire Protection Standard
- Key elements of Electrical Safety, Arc Flash and Lockout/Tagout Standards
- Key elements of Hazardous Materials Storage Requirements
- Key elements of the Machine Guarding Standard
- Key elements of the Blood-borne Pathogen Standard
- Key elements on selection and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Fall Protection (1910 & 1926 standard)
- Identifying and recognizing an OSHA permit-required confined space
- Key elements of Respiratory Protection
- Key elements of Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT)
- HAZWOPER & Emergency Plans Overview
- The duties and responsibilities of an Authorized Entrant, Attendant, Entry Supervisor, and Rescue and Emergency Services
- This course features lecture, discussion and safety equipment demonstrations.
- Content is written to meet specific curriculum as listed in 29 CFR 1905 and 1910 OSHA 30 Hr General Industry Outreach Training Program policy.
- Student Resources include a detailed student course book and OSHA and ANSI technical references.
- All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts with years of operational experience. The course material is reviewed at least annually by instructional designers.
To reserve space in an upcoming class, please email email@example.com or call 513-569-1643.
For More Information
COL Bob Cutajar, USA (ret.) Assistant Business Manager
Cincinnati State Workforce Development Center
10100 Reading Rd.
Cincinnati, OH. 45241
Office (513) 569-5731