Safety & Environmental
This course is offered at the Evendale campus and at client's site.
This course is designed for OSHA HAZMAT technicians (OSHA 24 Hour HAZWOPER qualified) whose duties will include being a HAZMAT Incident Commander, Safety Officer, Operations Officer, or Decontamination Officer. The workshop provides the basic Incident Command knowledge and skills needed to meet the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 472 (Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials & Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents) and FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS).
After this course, participants will be more knowledgeable in HAZMAT Operations and the command and control skills necessary for developing a facility Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and for responding to and managing a HAZMAT event. In addition the participant will have the skill sets necessary to manage the regulatory requirements of a private or public sector HAZMAT team.
In some segments of this course, participants are required to wear respirator equipment, which precludes wearing eyeglasses. Individuals who are severely restricted are required to notify the instructors and be aware that their participation will be limited. During some exercises, participants are required to wear chemical protective clothing. Participation in these exercises is not required but attendance is required. Individuals who are not currently participating in a medical surveillance program should consult their physician before attending this course
Help students gain an understanding of:
- Strategy & Tactics
- Medical Surveillance
- Incident Command System
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Emergency Plans and Incident Response Planning
- How to conduct a Level "A" HAZMAT Drill
- “All Hazards” Response Planning (Fire, Natural Disaster, Terrorist Incident, Active Shooter. etc.)
- Technical DECON Line Operations
- Incident Termination and Post-Incident Analysis
- Table-top Exercises
- Conduct full-scale Level "A" Entry Exercise
- Identifying hazardous materials and performing an incident Hazard & Risk Assessment
- This course features both table-top exercises and hands-on lab refresher training for key HAZMAT (HAZWOPER) skills for an individual to function as a HAZWOPER On-Scene Incident Commander .
- Student Resources include a detailed student course book, along with HAZMAT technical reference materials (NIOSH & USDOT).
- All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts with years of operational experience. The course material is reviewed at least annually by instructional designers.
For More Information
Bob Cutajar, Program Coordinator
Cincinnati State Workforce Development Center
10100 Reading Rd.
Cincinnati, OH. 45241
Office (513) 569-5731