This course is offered at Butler Tech, in Butler County.
The target audience for this course includes students who are serious about a career in the transportation and logistics fields. Students will be expected to be able to pass a DOT physical and drug screen, read and understand the regulations and course material covered in class, and learn to operate and properly maneuver a semi-tractor and 53 foot trailer. Students are expected to demonstrate good work habits such as working with others, taking and understanding directions, and attending class sessions regularly.
This course presents concepts, technical theory, and practicum of professional commercial driving as applied in today's "just in time" engineered logistics environment. The program has three divisions: professional driving theory, off-road range practicum, and on-road driving practicum. Each division has 12 sections. Textbooks include the Ohio Commercial Driver License Handbook, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, and the Hazardous Materials Compliance Pocketbook.
Help students gain an understanding of:
- The principles of commercial driving to adequately demonstrate competence (as measured by the CDL license exam) in all appropriate applications in varying environments with a variety of industry standard equipment
- Exhibit awareness of his or her responsibilities to the carrier, the customer, and the motoring public at all times during the program
- Of the Ohio Commercial Driver's License process
- The regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- The requirements for compliance with current Hazardous Materials regulations
- Pre-trip inspections, vehicle control, road rage, driving in different conditions,anti lock braking systems, air brakes, skid control and recovery, daily logs, coupling and uncoupling, and emergencies
- State certified and licensed instructors with minimum of three years CDL experience
For More Information
513-645-8200 Option 3