Safety & Environmental
This course is offered Evendale Campus, or at the Client's site.
The target audience for this training program includes: Individuals who are entering the workforce and need to attend OSHA mandated entry level safety training.
This course is designed to train individuals to be a Competent Person on OSHA Construction & General Industry Standards regarding basic Fall Protection Safety. It is important to remember that this course shall provide only the basics on Fall Protection safety principles. The course is designed for both the “worker” and safety coordinator/site supervisor acting as a site or facility Fall Protection Competent Person.
Help students gain an understanding of:
- Identified the key safety requirements on Fall Protection Operations in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR Part 1926 Subpart M & OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910.66
- Explain the key elements of the Fall Protection Safety Plan
- Explain the role of the Competent Person & Qualified Person
- Explain selection process for selecting anchor points
- Select & Inspect Fall Protection Personal Protective Equipment
- Explain Fall Protection during Scaffolding operations
- Explain Fall Protection using powered platforms, man-lifts, and vehicle mounted work platforms
- Explain how to apply the ANSI Fall Protection Personal Protective Equipment standard
- Identify the key hazards regarding Fall Protection operations
- This course features lecture-discussion, fall protection safety equipment demonstrations and use, hands–on demonstrations and use.
- Content is written to meet specific curriculum as listed in OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and 1926 Fall Protection Safety program training requirements.
- Student is issued a student course book and other class resources along with OSHA & ANSI technical references.
- All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts with years of operational experience. The course material is reviewed at least annually by instructional designers.
For More Information
Bob Cutajar, Program Coordinator
Cincinnati State Workforce Development Center
10100 Reading Rd.
Cincinnati, OH. 45241
Office (513) 569-5731