Career Center – Early Childhood Education Fair (In-Person)
Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Time: 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Location: Main Building Conference Center (RM 342)
Who Should Attend?
- Students and graduates seeking positions within early childhood education
- Students who are exploring career options and want to better understand the needs of employers
How To RSVP to Attend?
Current students can RSVP to attend via CState CareerLink. This will also have the most up to date list of employers attending and employment postings.
To access CState CareerLink, please enter your username and password. Your username is your SurgeMail email address (including @cincinnatistate.edu). Your password is the same as your password for SurgeMail/MyCState/Blackboard
General Career Fair Tips
- Research who is attending the fair
- Review company information in CState CareerLink
- Who do you want to make contact with
- What do you need to know about the organization before you approach the table
- Make sure your resume is ready
- Bring multiple copies of your resume on good quality resume paper
- Take the event seriously
- You only have one chance to make a first impression
- Dress well, make eye contact, and smile
- You don’t need to wear a business suit, but whatever you wear must be clean, professional and pressed. Women can wear slacks and a blouse topped with a sweater or jacket. Men should wear dress pants, dress shirt and a tie.
- Be prepared for a brief interview
- Check out our tips on the Elevator Pitch under Marketing Yourself – Job Search Tools
- You should be able to give a 2 to 3 minuet introduction of yourself as a potential candidate – your commercial that highlights the benefits you can offer the organization
- Make sure you have some questions ready for the recruiter
- Avoid poor communication habits, such as fidgeting, rocking, chewing gum, etc.
- Before you leave the table – get the recruiter’s name and contact information
- You’ve just made a connection with a recruiter – what will you do with that connection
- Write a thank you letter. In the letter, thank the recruiter for his/her time, restate your interest and qualifications for the position; reiterate your interest in a second interview, and make a promise to follow-up the letter with a phone call (and then make sure you do in fact call). You should probably enclose another copy of your resume to be sure
- Other Resources
Career Fair Prep Workshops
Attend an on-demand Zoom workshops to learn how to prepare for a career fair.
Details coming soon.
Join us for one upcoming resume workshop
- October 15 at Noon
- Or, attend an on-demand session
General Information About The Career Fair
The purpose of this event is to:
- Promote employment opportunities for our upcoming graduates
- Promote further educational opportunities for our forthcoming graduates
- Help to educate and expose our first-year students to local companies and their hiring needs, as well as opportunities to further their education after Cincinnati State
This event is for invited guests.
Space is limited.
COVID-19 and Cincinnati State
COVID-19 – We are committed to following all recommended health and safety guidelines for our career fair. These measures are subject to change as needed. Health and safety measures include:
- Wearing face coverings (Cincinnati State requires masks indoors and in parking garages for all persons, vaccinated and unvaccinated.)
- Offering hand sanitizer during the fair
- Additional cleaning measures
- Decreased number of employers attending to allow for social distancing
Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not attend the event.
For more information about Cincinnati State’s COVID-19 protocols, please visit: https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/covid-19/
Tips for Career Fair Success at Cincinnati State
Career Fairs help your organization build connections to students on Cincinnati State’s campus.
Things to consider as you prepare for the fair:
- Plan displays, tablecloth, giveaways, handouts, business cards, nametags, etc.
- Make sure your jobs are posted in CState CareerLink and your company profile is updated
- May be useful to have information at your table about hiring needs & opportunities
- Remember some students are approaching your table as job seekers and some are approaching your table as career explorers
- Be prepared to ask questions of candidates and be prepared to answer candidate questions about your hiring process, needs, etc.