CCP | Forms & Resources for CCP Students and Parents
Application Forms, Registration Information & Resources
- CCP Permission Slip This electronic CCP Permission Form must be complete by any new CCP student and parent or guardian.
- How to Search for a Class
Link to a YouTube video that will help you use the Course Search feature of Cincinnati State’s webpage.
- How to Search for an Online Class
Link to a YouTube video that will help you use the Course Search feature of Cincinnati State’s webpage to look specifically for an online class.
- How to Access MyCState
Link to a YouTube video that will help you log in to the MyCState student portal, look up your username and reset your password.
- 15 Credit Hour Sample Pathway
The 15 Credit Hour Sample Pathway is a guidance document to start a general education requirement at Ohio public Colleges and Universities. This document is meant as a guidance document, and is not intended to be all inclusive.
- 30 Credit Hour Sample Pathway
The 30 Credit Hour Sample Pathway is a guidance document to start a general education requirement at Ohio public Colleges and Universities. This document is meant as a guidance document, and is not intended to be all inclusive.
- Course Exclusions for CCP Students
CCP students are able to participate in any course for which they qualify, with a few exceptions. These exceptions include those controlled by regulatory requirements of the CCP Program (such as Foundations courses). Other courses not on this list may not be appropriate for some CCP students, but will be guided by the advising relationship between the student and the CCP Academic Advisor.
- CCP Brochure
- Career Center
Discover majors and in-demand careers and education based on your interests.
- Official Transcript Request Form
Students who wish to transfer credits earned at Cincinnati State to another college or university must complete and return the Official Transcript Request form. It is highly recommended students submit this one time, at the end of their participation in the CCP Program at Cincinnati State. Further, it is strongly suggested students mark the checkbox beside “Current semester grades are posted” to ensure complete transcripts when sending them to another institution.
If you are taking classes offered in your high school, your textbook will be provided by your high school.
Bookstore Procedure for CCP Students to order books on line
Picking up your books in person:
Print your course registration statement (from MyServices for Students).
Take the printed copy of your course registration statement AND a photo ID to the Cincinnati State College Bookstore one week prior to the start of the semester to receive the course textbook materials at no cost to you.
Visit the College Bookstore website for hours of operation and contact information.
To pick up textbooks at the Middletown Campus, contact the Campus Bookstore.
Student Support Services
Transfer of Credit
Start here and go anywhere! The Transfer Center is staffed with representatives from area colleges and universities.
- Transfer Center
- Official Transcript Request Form
- Ohio Department of Higher Education Credit Transfer
The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) webpage provides links to information about the Ohio Articulation and Transfer Policy, Transfer Assurance Guides (TAG), Career-Technical Credit Transfer (CT)2 courses, AP Placement, the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM), and more.
College Readiness & Expectations
College Ready – Beyond the Score
Students who wish to participate in the CCP Program must be college ready in ways academic eligibility does not measure. Successful students engage in the process of becoming a CCP student from the submission of the online CCP application through registering for classes. Students who initiate engagement with their Academic Advisors are more likely to initiate engagement with their professors and classmates, and subsequently are more successful in their academic pursuits. While we are happy to help parents navigate the CCP Program and its processes, we strongly encourage and, in many instances, require student engagement.
CCP Student Expectations
- Check their SurgeMail daily
- As a CCP student, important communication is delivered via SurgeMail. Students are held accountable to and responsible for understanding the information shared via SurgeMail.
- Participate in classes as a college student
- Although CCP students may be high school age, or younger, when taking a college course, students are expected to behave and participate in the classroom, virtual or physical, as a college student. Instructors and other students do not know there are high school students participating in the class.
- Adhere to the rules and guidelines provided in the Student Handbook as any other Cincinnati State student.
- Remember, CCP is your program. You are a college student and are bound by the same rules and policies as traditional college students.
- Communicate regularly with both Cincinnati State representatives and high school administrators.
- CCP students are required to provide their high schools a copy of their registration statement and will need to adhere to all high school graduation requirements.
- Careful communication between student, high school and college help ensure all parties are aware of important issues such as:
- Courses taken as part of the CCP program satisfy needed high school graduation requirements
- Student schedules
- Other academic and non-academic concerns and issues
Students with Disabilities IDEA and ADA
College students must self-identify or disclose their disability. CCP students must engage with the Office of Disability Services for accommodations and provide required documentation of disability.
There is no Special Education at the college level. Educational rights covered by IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Act) do not apply to postsecondary education. Colleges must comply with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Civil Rights Restoration Act. College students have civil rights, but no “education” rights.