The Office of Financial Aid at Cincinnati State, the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and United Way have collaborated to again bring a free tax preparation service to campus, powered by Myfreetaxes.com.
Who: Anyone whose income is below $57,000
When: Monday, Jan. 30 through Friday, Feb. 10, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where: Room 130 ATLC, also known as “The Breakout Lounge”
If you cannot make it then you will have one final opportunity. Come to Room 130 ATLC on Feb. 11, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Don’t forget to bring the following items to complete your taxes.
1. Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) for each family member and working adults
2. W2s, 1099s and other income forms
3. Childcare provider name, address and tax ID
4. Bank routing and account numbers for checking and savings accounts
For more information please contact Tenneshia Reditt at 5815.
This marks the third year that Cincinnati State has been selected to host the MyFreeTaxes initiative. Last year, we created a buzz around 1Economy Corporation, who sponsored the Tax Van for us, because were able to assist more than 280 internal and external community members and students. Cincinnati State has raised the bar for all 1Economy locations. This year's event, as before, is tied in with the College Goal Sunday initiative, which aims to ensure that the families of first-generation college-bound students complete their FAFSA forms .
This year organizers are anticipating a greater response to the MyFreeTaxes event and have moved the location to 130 ATLC. In addition to the service provided to students, faculty, staff and the community, organizers believe the program provides:
• A “brand” for our Accounting Technology degree and certificate program
• Help with recruitment of new students and retaining current students
• Accounting students with in-person hands on experience
• The college an opportunity to partner with the Greater Cincinnati top accounting firms to mentor our students i.e. Ernst & Young, Pricewaterhouse Group & Deloitt LLP
• Additional mentoring and co-op opportunities, and possible donations for scholarships
• Students help with completing their Free Application for Federal Student Aid by the priority deadline.