Cincinnati State's Clifton Campus now has a Parent Resource Center, providing services for Cincinnati State students who are also parents, or serve in a parenting role.
The goal of the Parent Resource Center-- currently located in Main Building Room 126E-- is to provide support that helps students meet challenges as they strive to succeed in college and graduate.
The Parent Resource Center is funded by a Department of Education grant secured by Early Childhood Education Program Chair Sandy Owen, with additional financial support from the PNC Charitable Foundation.
Activities and services offered include:
- A place to gather with other parents who are students to study or talk about shared concerns
- Workshops on topics that are relevant to students who are also parents
- Referrals to resources for academic and community support
- A "Parents in College" Blackboard community
- A lending library with parenting resources and children’s books
- In the future, a children’s clothes closet
The Parent Resource Center also administers the Child Care Access Means Parents in School grant (CCAMPIS), a federally-funded program that supports Pell-grant eligible students with funding to assist with child care costs.
Students who are parents are encouraged to complete a quick online survey about their needs and challenges.
For more information about the Parent Resource Center, contact Center Manager Denise Gabrelski (firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-569-4793).