The 2020 Environmental "Earth Jam" event at Cincinnati State had to be canceled this year, but students in Environmental Engineering Technologies classes found numerous ways to celebrate Earth Day on Apr. 26, 2020, from their home locations.
Some of the student activities and projects that were reported to the Environmental faculty included:
- planting flowers and vegetables
- picking up and recycling litter
- starting a composting area near their home
- finding a new location for a chicken coop
- reducing use of electrical appliances for the day
Photos above (Russel McCabe, collecting trash) and below show some of the creative "alternative Earth Jam" activities.