Cincinnati State's TRiO Student Support Services (TRiO SSS) programs, supported by grant funding from the U.S. Department of Education, received notification recently that the grant has been extended for five more years, to 2025.
TRiO SSS has been in operation at Cincinnati State since 1998, providing resources and proactive support services for eligible Cincinnati State students to help them succeed in college, graduate, and transfer to four-year schools to continue their education.
Cincinnati State's TRiO SSS programs assist about 180 students each academic year.
The TRiO SSS program services include:
- Academic coaching and resources
- Personal and group tutoring
- Financial Aid assistance
- TRiO Grant Aid Scholarships
- Career and college transfer information
- Workshops that focus on strengthening computer skills, career knowledge, financial literacy, and other topics
- Referrals to other resources and services
TRiO SSS is recruiting new participants for 2020-21.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and meet at least one of these criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parents nor guardian earned a bachelor’s degree)
- Meet federal income guidelines as outlined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Have a documented disability
Students interested in applying should follow these steps:
- Log in to Blackboard/MyCState
- Select the "CState Today" page
- Scroll down until you see "TRiO SSS Program Application"
- Open the application form, fill it out, and submit it online
A TRiO SSS staff member will contact each applicant within two weeks.