Engage | Counselors
January 10th, 2020
Counselors who attend will receive a Certificate for 5 hours of Professional Development.
Breakfast, Lunch and free parking provided.
- Guided Pathways: Participants will learn about the Guided Pathway Framework which involves clarifying program pathways and implementing reforms to better help students explore options, plan a program of study, and complete in a timely and affordable manner. This session will include a blend of providing an overview of the Guided Pathway Framework and Cincinnati State's progress to implement and bring to scale several of the Guided Pathway projects.
- The Greater Cincinnati Region Needs Students with Associate Degrees: According to a study by The Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, by 2020, almost 60% of all jobs in Ohio will require postsecondary training beyond high school. This means that nearly one million job openings in Ohio will require postsecondary credentials. Our panel representing employers, local chambers, and workforce development organizations will give their thoughts on the demand for an educated workforce and how to meet the demand through postsecondary credentials that include certificates and associate degrees.
- Networking Lunch
- CCP to Degree Panel: A panel discussion on helping students maximize the opportunity of College Credit Plus. The panelists will explore CCP as an early college program, designed to launch students into their degree pathways.
- Managing Disruptive and Dangerous Behavior in the Classroom and Beyond: Educators have heightened anxiety about student disruptive behaviors. Reported incidents of high risk behaviors, such as aggression, terroristic threats, or communications of malevolent intent, are on the rise. We will describe a systemic approach towards managing disruptive and dangerous behaviors with the purpose of maximizing the safety, educational integrity, and dignity of all affected parties.
- Transfer Student Opportunities: Community Colleges provide valuable post-secondary educational opportunities for students who want to pursue career and technical training to enter the workforce or for academic transfer to a four-year degree. This panel will discuss the opportunities that transferring from a community college offers to a student, including: the Ohio Transfer Module, articulation agreements, scholarships, admission to an honors college and more.
Registration is now available, reserve your spot!
Questions about Engage | Counselors?
Contact us at email@example.com