Student Relief Funds
The Student Relief Funds help Cincinnati State students facing extreme challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funds provide students support for:
- Emergency assistance for shelter, food, medicine, and other basics.
- Technology needed for completing courses remotely, so students can stay safe and stay on track with their college studies.
Many of our students walk a financial tightrope. Often, the difference between a student graduating or dropping out comes down to the support they receive at a critical juncture during their college experience. Such situations have greatly increased due to the pandemic. Your gift could mean everything to a Cincinnati State student trying to keep their education and life on course during this crisis.
Provides financial assistance to students at risk of dropping out because of unexpected financial setbacks, like loss of a job, a health crisis, transportation and child care costs, or hardships with rent or utilities. Funds are paid directly to the vendor (for instance, doctor, landlord, child care provider, utility company, etc.)
Eligibility: Student must be taking at least 9 credit hours with cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. Must submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to Office of Financial Aid to determine financial need.
An interest-free loan program, designed as a pay-it-forward fund to help qualified students to secure a practical education that, without the loans, may not be otherwise attainable. Funds can be used for tuition and fees or directly to a vendor.
Provides financial assistance to eligible students in emergency situations if funding is not available through other emergency funds and/or College financial and payment plan arrangements.
Eligibility: Assistance is provided based on need
Ways To Donate:
- Online: Click Donate now to make your tax-deductible gift to the Cincinnati State Foundation.
- Mail: Write a check to “Cincinnati State Foundation” noting the purpose of “Student Relief.” Mail to Cincinnati State Foundation, ATLC 352, 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45223.
- The Student Relief Funds will disperse assistance to students through the already established Student Retention Focus Fund and newly created Student Remote Learning Technology Fund.
Elliott V. Ruther, Chief of Institutional Advancement & Cincinnati State Foundation Executive Director