Cincinnati State's "Step-by-Step" Tutorials
Screenshots & text directions make our "Step-by-Step" tutorials easy to follow while you research.
- Finding Books with BLINK
- Academic Search Complete: multidisciplinary database for articles from newspapers, magazines, & academic journals.
- CINAHL: database for finding Nursing & Health articles.
Cincinnati State's Video Tutorials
Click the link to open the YouTube video in a new window.
- Finding Books with BLINK, the Library's Online Catalog (2:48 min)
Basic overview of how to search for books from BLINK, the library's catalog. Includes demonstration of requesting books from OhioLINK to other libraries (helpful for Middletown, Harrison, College Credit Plus, & Distance Education students).
- Academic Search Complete (2:56 min)
Short demo of how to find general research articles using the library's Academic Search Complete database.
- Business Source Complete (3:31 min)
Brief tutorial on how to use the library's Business Source Complete database to find articles related to business, management, marketing, culinary, etc.
- JSTOR (2:27 min)
Quick overview for using JSTOR's Advanced Search to find scholarly articles.
- Points of View (2:58 min)
A short video on how to use the Library's "Points of View" database to find background information & full-text articles on controversial topics.
- CINAHL (2:56 min)
Describes how to use the library's CINAHL database to find articles related to Nursing, Health, & Wellness.
- PsycINFO (2:58 min)
Short demo of how to use the library's PsycINFO database to find articles related to psychology & behavioral sciences.
- Literary Reference Center (2:38 min)
A short video tutorial for how to use the library's "Literary Reference Center" database to find articles and literary criticism.
More Helpful Videos
- Avoiding Plagiarism in Research Papers (3:14 min)
- What is a Primary Source (3:02 min)
- Website Evaluation (3:52 min)
- Scholarly vs Popular Articles (2:48 min)
Berry Library • Room 170 Main Building • 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223-2690 • 513-569-1606