Surge ID Card & Parking
What is a SurgeCard?
The SurgeCard is the official identification card for all Cincinnati State students and employees. Your SurgeCard provides access to a variety of services on campus, including:
- Computer Labs
- Fitness Center
- Game Room
- And more!
How do I get a SurgeCard?
To obtain a SurgeCard, you must be enrolled and registered for classes at Cincinnati State.
- Bring a photo ID and seven-digit ID number (not your Social Security number).
- Be prepared for a photo. Hats, headgear, and sunglasses are not permitted in the photo.
When and where can I get a SurgeCard?
SurgeCards are available in the Student Activities Office, Room 204 ATLC (Advanced Technology & Learning Center)
Phone: (513) 569-5747
Monday – Tuesday – 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday – Friday – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Hours are extended during the first week of each semester (Fall and Spring), and Summer hours will be posted.
You can also request a Surge card through MyCstate. Click on the Online Surge Card Office tab and sign up.
What is Surge Debit and where can I use it?
You can apply money to your SurgeCard to use for products and services on Cincinnati State’s campus.
Add funds to your SurgeCard in these ways:
- via credit card online at MyCState’s Online SurgeCard Office
- at a cashier’s station at the Overlook Cafe or Bakery Hill
- via cash using the VTS machine located outside the Student Activities Office (ATLC 204)
After you add debit funds to your SurgeCard, you can use your card at these locations:
- Campus Bookstore
- Overlook Café
- Bakery Hill
- Library (for printing)
- Open Computer Lab (for printing)
- Purchases made with a Surge Card receive a 5% discount.
How do I use my SurgeCard for printing?
Each SurgeCard is pre-loaded with $18, giving you the ability to print 225 free sheets each semester in the Library or the Open Computer Lab (Rooms 316 and 317 ATLC). If you reach the limit of 225 free copies, you may add funds to your SurgeCard to pay for additional printing, at a cost of $0.08 per sheet.
What else should I know about SurgeCards?
- Your first SurgeCard is free.
- Your card lasts as long as you are a student or staff member; there is no expiration date.
- Lost cards cost $10 to replace, payable at the Cashier’s Office, ATLC Room 204B.
- Stolen cards are replaced for free with a police report.
- Incoming students are eligible to receive their SurgeCard one hour after registering for classes.
- SurgeCards are made while you wait.
- Your SurgeCard qualifies you to receive discounts off-campus wherever student IDs are accepted.
I have more questions– who should I contact?
For answers to your questions about SurgeCards, contact the Student Activities Office at (513) 569-5747 or visit ATLC Room 204.