Meet with an advisor before registering for classes
All students should meet with an academic advisor once they have been admitted to the College, and every semester thereafter. Our academic advisors will:
- Provide you with support in achieving your educational goals
- Work with you to develop an academic plan including an appropriate schedule of classes
- Help you understand College policies and procedures
- Monitor and address academic challenges
- Make strategic referrals to campus support services
- Educate you on meeting requirements for graduation
If you are a newly admitted student, follow the instructions on your Admission Letter. It will explain how to schedule your first advising contact. The letter will typically arrive by both mail and e-mail approximately 7-10 days after you have completed the admission process. Your first advising appointment is determined by your program of study and your placement scores or applicable transfer credits.
If your letter directs you to an advising appointment, utilize the phone number provided. If your letter directs you to enroll in a Surge Advising Session, you may do so online, or call (513) 569-1552.