The Office of the Registrar assists current students and alumni with key services related to registration and records including:

  • Course registration for students 
  • Transcript review for students transferring to Cincinnati State from another college or university 
  • Degree audits to track progress towards graduation 
  • Transcript requests for current students and graduates 
Important Registration Dates

Need registration dates and deadlines including first day of classes, and drop and withdrawal deadlines? 

View Important Dates

Before registering, please make sure you have completed the following steps:

  1. Check your student account and pay any outstanding tuition bills. 
  2. Check the status of your financial aid reward online. 
  3. Make an appointment with your advisor. 
  4. Plan your schedule—search for classes online now. 
Registering for Classes

Follow these steps to register for classes.

Step One

Log into MyCState.

Step Two

Choose the MyServices tab at the top of the page.

Step Three

Review important dates for the semester and select Continue to MyServices.

Step Four

Next you’ll see the main menu. Select “My Services for Current Students” (student picture with blue hue)

If the student picture is grey and not blue, click “Log In” on the top right side of the screen.

Step Five

Then you’ll see the “MyServices for Students Menu.” You can search for classes and register through this screen.

  • The “Search for Classes” screen permits you to enter search criteria (term, subject, and course number) and then find the course sections you want by pressing “Submit” at the bottom of page. You’ll then see a list of all scheduled sections of that course for the term you selected. (You can use other search criteria to narrow down your search.)
  • Choose a class with an “open” status and check the box “Add to Cart.” Then press “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
  • Next you’ll see a screen displaying your preferred sections and your current registrations. You must select “Register/Add” for the preferred section, and then press “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
  • A confirmation message will appear showing the courses you are enrolled in. If for any reason you did not enroll successfully, you’ll see a message at the top of the page describing what is stopping you from registering for the class.

Step Six

After completing registration, return to the “MyServices for Students Menu.” You should review your charges by choosing “My Student Account Statement.” You may use a credit card to pay for your charges by choosing “Bill Payment Center.”

Step Seven

View and print your class schedule by choosing “My Registration Statement.”

After you have completed these steps log out of MyServices.

Requesting Transcripts

You can request transcripts in the following ways.



In Person

Take the Transcript Request Form to the Office of the Registrar, Room 105, Advanced Technology and Learning Center (ATLC) Building, near the Overlook Cafe (Clifton Campus). Monday – Friday  8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.


Download and complete the Transcript Request Form and then mail to:
Office of the Registrar, ATLC 105 
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College 
3520 Central Parkway 
Cincinnati, OH 45223-2690


Download and complete the Transcript Request Form and then fax to (513) 569-1883.


Download and complete the Transcript Request Form, and then scan and email to


Add/Drop/Withdraw Course  (The withdrawal deadline for Fall 2022 was extended to Dec. 17, 2022.)

Personal Data Change 

Request  Enrollment Verification 

Advanced Standing Credit Petition 

Transcript Request 

Authorization to Release Student Records

Petition to Graduate 

Residency Review


I did my registration, drop, or withdrawal online– did it go through?

When you register for a class, you will receive a confirmation notice. However, you will not  receive a confirmation notice when you drop a class or withdraw from a class. To confirm that you have dropped or withdrawn from a class, view your Registration Statement. Log into “MyServices” and select “My registration statement” under the “Registration” heading. 

I checked Blackboard and it says I’m not registered (for one or more classes).

The list of classes you see in Blackboard is not an official indicator of the classes you are registered for. A course is listed in Blackboard only if your instructor is using Blackboard. To verify the courses you are registered for, view your Registration Statement. Log into “MyServices” and select “My registration statement” under the “Registration” heading. 

I moved from Kentucky or Indiana to Ohio. Why am I being charged out-of-state charges? 

As a resident of Kentucky or Indiana, your tuition bill will state “Out-of-State Tuition.” However, based on tuition reciprocity agreements, you will pay the in-state tuition rate if you live in one of the applicable counties in Kentucky or Indiana

I am a veteran and I am being charged out-of-state fees– why?

 It may be that at the time you applied, you indicated on your application that you had not lived in Ohio for one year or more. As a veteran, you are entitled to in-state tuition as long as you meet requirements for the Ohio GI Promise. Please complete and submit to the Registrar’s Office an Ohio GI Promise Residency form, a DD214 form, and either a copy of your lease or deed, or a copy of your Ohio Driver’s License. 

Why am I being charged a supplemental fee for a class I dropped on the first day of the semester?

A supplemental fee is charged for some courses because of special materials and/or equipment a student may use in that course or in a set of related courses. If you did not receive the materials/equipment, go to the Associate Dean for the academic division that offers the course, and request a credit to your student account equivalent to the supplemental fee. 

If I drop a class or withdraw from all classes, will it affect my financial aid?

Please contact the Office of Financial Aid before you make adjustments to your schedule to find out how these schedule changes could affect your financial aid. 

I  want to drop a class or withdraw from all classes. Do I need to make these changes in person at the Registrar’s Office?

You do not have to visit the Registrar’s Office to drop classes or withdraw from classes. You may drop or withdraw online using “MyServices,” as long as you are within deadlines for completing these processes.

How do I know what classes I need to take?

Contact your academic advisor to discuss the classes you should take for your degree or certificate program. 

How do I get a copy of my official transcript?

 If you are a current student, log into “MyServices” and choose “My Transcript Request” under the heading “My Academic Profile.” Former students can request transcripts in-person, by email, or fax. Transcripts are free of charge but will not be processed if you have an outstanding balance at Cincinnati State. Get more information in the Transcripts section. 

When will my diploma be mailed?

Diplomas are usually mailed two weeks after the end of the semester, after grade changes and other updates to records are completed. Your graduation date will be posted on your official transcript after it has been determined that you have met all requirements for the degree or certificate you are completing. 

What do I need to do in order to graduate?

Students who complete all requirements for a program are automatically graduated by the Office of the Registrar.  If you check your Degree Audit (Evaluation) and it does not show you as complete or pending complete, you should submit a Petition to Graduate form online in MyServices under “Registration.” To participate in the Commencement ceremony, you must submit an Intent to Participate form. Get more information in the Graduationand Commencement section.  

Contact Registration

Room 105 in the ATLC Building
Phone: (513) 569-1522
Fax: (513) 569-1883

Spring 2023 Extended hours:

January 9, 2023 – January 23, 2023 – Monday through Thursday 8:00am to 6:00pm, and Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm

Regular Hours:

Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.