Cincinnati State is committed to your success. Once admitted to the College, we encourage you to complete these activities prior to the start of your first semester of classes.
Register for a Welcome Day – an event for new students to help you get a successful start in college
During the event, you will have opportunities to:
- Get assistance with MyCState and Self-Service online resources
- Confirm your technology needs
- Pick up your Surge Card (student ID)
- Tour the campus
- Purchase textbooks
- Schedule an academic advising appointment if needed (Academic advising does not take place on Welcome Days)
Please note: Welcome Day is not a replacement for completing the online New Student Orientation, and academic advising is not offered during the Welcome Day event.
Activate Your MyCState Student Portal
First, learn your username and student ID number. They are listed at the top of your letter of admission (sent to your home address and email). Your username is also the first part of your CState email address (i.e. email@example.com).
To activate your account, Follow these steps:
- Go to MyCState (https://mycstate.cincinnatistate.edu).
- Click the Forgot/reset password? link in the Login Here box. (red text).
- Follow the prompts to setup your security information for Cincinnati State email, portal, and network access. Note: Use your full email address in the Email or Username box.
- If you need assistance with your password or have login issues, please call the IT Help Desk at 513-569-1234 #1 between 7am and 7pm M-F.
Complete Your Online New Student Orientation
Log into your MyCState account and click on the “New Student Orientation” tab (below the black ribbon on left) to get started. When you finish orientation, a Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you.
Visit the New Student Orientation webpage for more details.
Apply and Confirm Your Financials
Visit the Financial Aid webpage for information and submit the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) online at studentaid.gov. Use Cincinnati State School code 010345 to have your information forwarded to CState. The FAFSA is available each fall for the following academic year.
- Complete the 2023-24 FAFSA if you plan to begin classes in Fall 2023 (August), or Spring 2024 (January), or Summer 2024 (May)
- The 2024-25 FAFSA will be available by January 2024 for the following academic year.
If you have questions about your financial aid status, contact Financial Aid via phone or text to 513-569-1530, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit ATLC 105 on the Clifton campus.
Visit the Self Service webpage for additional information on how to understand your award and billing information within your personal account.
Schedule Your Advising and Course Registration Appointment
All students seeking a degree or certificate are required to meet with an Academic Advisor prior to enrolling/registering for classes. We ask that you please complete your New Student Orientation prior to your advising appointment.
You may call or text your academic division at 513-301-1415 or schedule your appointment via Starfish. Visit the Academic Advising web page for more information, and watch for email and text communication about scheduling your advising appointment.
- If you plan to start classes in Spring 2024 (January 16), schedule your advising and course registration beginning in late October 2023.
- If you plan to start classes in Summer 2024 (May 13 or June 3), schedule your advising and course registration in April or May.
- If you plan to start classes in Fall 2024 (August 26), schedule your advising and course registration starting in May 2024.
Register for Classes
After you meet with your academic advisor, you can register for classes online using your Self-Service account. If you need assistance, view the student planning website, contact your Academic Advisor, or reach out to the Office of the Registrar at (513) 569-1522, email@example.com, or visit ATLC 105.
View the academic calendar to see the dates for semester start and end, dates for College holidays and breaks, and deadlines to drop or withdraw from classes.
Check Out These Resources
New Student Checklist
Bookstore – Follett
Bookstore Top 5
Computer Recommendations and Loaner Program
Metro Discount Pass
Online Learning Student Resources
Selective Admission – For select healthcare majors
Scholarship – Choose Ohio First
Student Support Services
Surge Card (ID)
Transfer Center – Connecting you with our partner institutions
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees – How to make an online payment
Tuition Residency Guidelines
Veteran Student Affairs