Student Support Services
Who is eligible?
Students complete an application to enroll into the program. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (the applicant’s parents or guardian have not earned a bachelor’s degree)
- Meet federal income guidelines as outlined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Have a disability documented by a certifying professional
Highlights of Services
TRIO SSS Staff has relocated to Main, Room 133, and we are still committed to meeting our students’ needs. Our Students’ Success is our #1 Priority! We are available to meet with students in-person (mask required), or via Zoom, Bb Collaborate, Email or Phone.
Academic Coaching Sessions: Phone calls, email exchanges, and Zoom will be encouraged, in addition to in-person appointments, with a mask.
TRIO SSS Tutoring Sessions: There will be in-person (mask required) Tutoring Sessions held in Main 133 and continuing virtual Tutoring Sessions via Bb Collaborate. We also refer students to the College’s Tutoring and Math Centers. View their schedules on their pages:
TRIO SSS (Volunteer) Faculty Tutoring Sessions: Tutoring will take place in-person (mask required). Sessions will be scheduled according to Faculty’s open-Office hours availability. Subjects include: Biology, A&P 1&2, Cost Engineering, and English Comp 101.
How to Apply
If you meet the qualifications of the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program, you may apply online through Cincinnati State’s website:
Click here: TRIO Student Services Support Registration to go to the eForm.
- In the “Current Students” section of this website, select “MyCState”
- Enter your Cincinnati State username and password
- Scroll down the page until you see TRIO SSS PROGRAM APPLICATION on the left side of the page
- Click the link, fill out the information, and “submit” your application
The TRIO SSS program will contact you, via Cincinnati State email, within 2 weeks after you submit your application.