The Mission of Cincinnati State Counseling ServicesTO promote student learning and development by providing personal counseling and referral services that encourage mental, emotional, and social wellness of Cincinnati State students.
Counseling Services include:
Personal Counseling: Enrolled students may take advantage of free, one-on-one, short-term counseling to help navigate and cope with personal and emotional challenges that may be interfering with school, relationships, and other responsibilities.
Campus and Community Referral: Available to students who may need access to community resources. Not every student concern is necessarily served best by the College’s Counseling Services. If it is determined that a student may be better served through other resources, the student is referred to a related on-campus service or to a community resource or agency. For a comprehensive list of community services, please scroll down.
Consultation and Assessment: Available to students, faculty, and administrators. Counseling Services provide help in identifying a student’s needs, appropriate campus services, and possible referral for community resources.
For more information or to schedule an appointment:
- Visit the Counseling Services office in Main Building Room 171 (Clifton Campus): Hours M-F, 9a-5p
- Call (513) 569-5779
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request an appointment by filling out the Counseling Services Appointment Request form.
24/7 Support Resources
For urgent support, please contact the following
- National Mental Health Support Line: Dial dial 988 or 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
- National Mental Health Support Text Line: Text HOME to 741-741 to text with a crisis counselor
- Local Mental Health Support Line: 513-281-2273 (CARE)
- Local Mental Health Support Text Line: Text TALBERT to 839863
- Domestic Violence Help Line: 513-381-5610
- Addiction Help Line: 513-281-7422
- LGBTQ+ Hotline: 1-888-843-4564
On Campus Anxiety Support Group
Free for Students and Community Members
A self-help group for persons who are experiencing stress, anxiety and other related issues.
Every Wednesday • 6-7:30 PM • ATLC Building Room 309 • Cincinnati State College Clifton Campus
You do not need to contact anyone prior to attendance unless you prefer joining virtually. If interested in joining virtually, please contact:
Matt Muir • Mental Health America • email@example.com • 859-431-1077, Ext 125
Free Mobile App to Connect with Resources
The CState Cares app provides quick access to campus and community resources to help you or someone you know find support for a variety of issues. The app provides an easy way to connect with resources such as:
- Personal counseling
- Academic support
- Mental health crisis lines
- Addiction services and crisis lines
- Food, rental, and housing assistance
- Personal tools for coping with a variety of issues
To download the app to your mobile device, visit either the Apple App Store or for Android, Google Play from your mobile device and search for “CState Cares”. The links will only show as previews unless you are using a mobile device.
The Wellness Works Alliance is a community partnership between Mental Health America of Northern Kentucky & Southwest Ohio and Cincinnati State College Counseling Services. Together, our mission is to promote the mental, emotional, social and physical wellness of students and the larger community. Follow the link provided above for information about resources and events.
Note: Resources listed below are provided as potential resources that may be helpful. This is not an endorsement.
- Includes stories from college students about mental wellness, how to manage stress while in college, and tips for helping others
- Includes wellness screenings and free apps for specific issues such as anxiety and depression.
24/7 Stress and Depression Free Chat App:
The resource lists below offer some options available in the community. Please contact the Counseling Center is you need more detailed assistance in locating community resources.
Location: Room 171 Main Building (Clifton Campus)
Phone: (513) 569-5779