Permanent Resident, Refugee, Asylee & DACA

Welcome! Non-U.S. citizens who have been granted the status of Immigrant, Permanent Resident, Refugee, Asylee or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA), by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services may be admitted on the same basis as U.S. citizens. If you have a pending Change of Status (CoS) with the USCIS but it has not yet been adjudicated, you should apply as an International student.

Undecided major? Explore your career options

If you are unsure about your major, consider participating in our “Moving Beyond Undecided” session. The Career Center will assist you through the career exploration process to select an academic program that can lead to a career that best fits your interests.  Register for a Moving Beyond Undecided  Session or access the on-demand sessionIf you have not attended an Information Session with an admissions representative, we encourage you to do that prior to the Moving Beyond Undecided session. Register now for an on-campus visit or virtual session.

1 – Apply for Admission to the College

Complete the online Standard  Application for Admission. There is no required fee at the time you submit the application. A $15 non-refundable admission fee will be charged to your first semester’s tuition statement.

Please note that Admission to the College does not admit you to all health care programs.  Many of our programs in the Health and Public Safety division have special admission requirements.

2 – Submit Transcripts

Education within the USA – If you are transferring fewer than 18 credits of college-level coursework to Cincinnati State, also submit an official high school transcript with graduation date.  Request that your high school and any college/university attended send an official transcript to  Cincinnati State, Office of Admissions.

  • Applicants who are not high school graduates must submit a state-approved alternative to high school graduation, such as scores from the General Educational Development (GED) test. You may use this link to request your GED scores.
  • Most high schools and colleges have an online transcript request process.  Search for “transcripts” and you will probably be directed to login to your student portal or referred to the HS Guidance or college’s Registrar’s Office.
  • Cincinnati State must receive your official transcript directly from each institution.  Transcripts may be sent directly from the school to Cincinnati State, Office of Admissions, 3520 Central Parkway, ATLC Suite 001, Cincinnati, OH 45223-2690. We also accept high school transcripts if sent directly from a school official via email ( or fax (513-569-1562).

Education outside the USA – Submit an English translation of your high school transcript AND a copy of diploma/certification. Upload foreign transcripts/diploma here.

If transferring college/university coursework from outside the USA, transcript(s) must be translated and evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). See recommended agencies below.

Hand carried original foreign transcripts will be photocopied and returned to students; however, any translated and evaluated documents must be sent from the credential evaluation service provider and remain property of the College.

English Translation Services:
English Translation and Evaluation Services:

3 – Next Steps

Please allow  14  business days for Admissions to process all documents and send you a letter of Admission to the College.  Once admitted, you will receive next steps and instructions to:

  • Explore your MyCState/Self-Services account
  • Participate in New Student Orientation
  • Schedule and meet with your Pathway Advisor
  • Attend Welcome Day
  • Schedule and pay for classes

Please note that Admission to the College does not admit you to all health care programs.  Many of our programs in the Health and Public Safety division have additional admission requirements. Please discuss with your Pathway Advisor.