If you are seeking a degree or certificate and have not completed any college classes previously, these steps will help you get started.
Apply for Admission
Complete the online Standard Application.
- There is no fee when you submit your application.
- A $15 non-refundable admission fee will be charged to your first semester’s tuition statement.
If you are unsure about your major, consider participating in our “Moving Beyond Undecided” session. Our Career Center staff will help you with career exploration so you can select an academic program that can lead to a career that best fits your interests.
Register for a Moving Beyond Undecided Session
Contact your high school and ask them to send an official copy of your transcript to the Cincinnati State Office of Admissions.
If you have a GED, use this link to request your scores be sent to Cincinnati State.
If you earned Advanced Placement (AP) credit or completed College Credit Plus or Dual Credit coursework through another college or university (not Cincinnati State), request an official transcript from each college/university you attended.
- Most colleges have an online transcript request process. Search for “transcripts” and you will probably be directed to login to your student portal or referred to the Registrar’s Office.
- Note: Cincinnati State must receive your official transcript directly from each institution.
- Request AP scores to be sent to Cincinnati State
We encourage you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for financial assistance. Apply early for your best chance to receive state aid.
Applicants to Cincinnati State can view the status of your application and financial aid, as well as CState email, through your MyCState student portal.
Please allow two weeks for Admissions to process all documents and send you a letter of admission to the College. Once admitted, you will receive next steps and instructions for orientation, academic advising, and registering for classes.
Please note that admission to the College does not admit you to all health care programs. Many programs in the Health and Public Safety division have special admission requirements. Please discuss these selective admission requirements with your Pathway Advisor.