Returning Students

If you have been admitted to Cincinnati State in the past, but have not enrolled in classes for one year or more, follow the below steps to get started. Please note that students who have graduated from Cincinnati State with a degree or certificate, but wish to resume studies at the College, must re-apply.  


Complete the online Standard Application.  There is no required fee at the time of submitting the application.  A $15 non-refundable admission fee will be charged to your first semester’s tuition statement.   Apply to CState  

Submit Transcripts

Documents are maintained at the College for five years after the initial admission date, unless a degree was earned at Cincinnati State. Check with the Office of Admissions to determine if your documents are on file or need to be re-submitted. If you need to resubmit documents, have your official high school transcript or GED scores sent to Cincinnati State. (This requirement is waived if you have an associate’s or higher degree). If you have attended another college/university and plan to transfer credit to Cincinnati State, request official transcripts to be sent to Cincinnati State, Office of Admissions.  

Learn more about transferring 

Request your GED scores  

Financial Aid

We encourage students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for financial assistance. Apply early for your best chance at receiving state aid. 

Explore MyCState/MyServices 

Applicants will have access to view the status of their application and financial aid as well as CState email through their MyCState student portal.    

Learn more about MyServices/MyCstate  

Next Steps

Please allow 7 to 10 business days for Admissions to process all documents and send you a letter of Admission to the College.  Once admitted, you will receive next steps and instructions to:  

Please note that Admission to the College does not admit you to all health care programs. Many of our programs in the Health and Public Safety division have special admission requirements. Please discuss with your Pathway Advisor.