If you have not enrolled at Cincinnati State previously and plan to transfer college credit from another institution toward a degree or certificate follow these steps to get started.
If you are unsure about your major, consider participating in our Moving Beyond Undecided Session. The Career Center will assist you with your career exploration process, so you can select an academic program that can lead to a career that best fits your interests.
Register for a Moving Beyond Undecided Session
Complete the online Standard Application. There is no required fee at the time of submitting the application. A $15 non-refundable admission fee will be charged to your first semester’s tuition statement.
- Request an official transcript from each college/university you have attended and plan to transfer credit to Cincinnati State. Most institutions have an online transcript request process. Search for “transcripts” on their website and you will most probably be directed to login to a student portal or referred to the Registrar’s Office. Please Note: We must receive your official transcript directly from each institution.
- If you do not have an associate’s degree or higher, you will also need to contact your high school and request to have your official transcript be sent to Cincinnati State, Office of Admissions. If you have a GED, you may use this link to request your GED scores.
We encourage you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for financial assistance. Apply early for your best chance at receiving state aid.
Applicants will have access to view the status of their application and financial aid as well as CState email through their MyCState student portal.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for Admissions to process all documents and send you a letter of Admission to the College. Once admitted, you will receive next steps and instructions to:
- Participate in online New Student Orientation
- Schedule and meet with your Pathway Advisor
- Schedule and pay for classes
Please note that Admission to the College does not admit you to all health care programs. Many of our programs in the Health and Public Safety division have additional admission requirements. Please discuss the selective admission process with your Pathway Advisor.