What is CState Accelerate?
CState Accelerate is a proven program* designed to help new and current students reach their potential at Cincinnati State and beyond. It provides assistance with tuition and books, as well as academic and other supports through graduation. The goal is for participants to finish their degree on time with as little student debt as possible.
Learn more about the CState Accelerate program from our Director, Tammie Larkins, in this video.
Benefits of belonging to CState Accelerate
- Assistance with tuition and fees for any gap left after applying your financial aid award
- Assistance with books, software, and remote learning tools
- Financial incentives
- A dedicated coordinator to help guide your progress toward your degree
- Assistance with career exploration and planning
Is there a catch?
There is no catch. The mission of CState Accelerate is simple—help you finish your degree on time with as little student debt as possible. There are a few expectations. In exchange for the many benefits CState Accelerate offers, you will be required to:
- Enroll full time each semester and maintain good academic standing.
- Meet regularly with your coordinator.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
|Student Commitment||College Commitment|
|Engage regularly with Cstate Accelerate staff||Financial assistance for Pell Eligible students to fill gap after applying financial aid award|
|Utilize college success resources as recommended||Defined financial incentives for life obstacles|
|Maintain full-time enrollment ( minimum of 12 credit hours) in approved associates degree||Personal academic advising/supportive services|
|Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually||Robust supports to mitigate barriers|
|Engage in peer/community activities|
* CState Accelerate is based on a program originally developed at the City University of New York’s (CUNY) called the Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP). CState Accelerate was launched as a pilot program 2015 as part of a comprehensive three-year study to test the effectiveness of the ASAP model in Ohio. The results for CState Accelerate were strong and gained national attention. Results from the pilot program showed dramatic gains in retention and graduation rates for participants. Beginning in the Fall 2021 Semester, CState Accelerate is once again being offered to eligible students at Cincinnati State due to the generosity of foundations and individuals throughout Greater Cincinnati.