CCP | College Credit Plus
- The College Credit Plus office hosts monthly CCP Information Session/Parent Nights via Zoom. Register here.
- Click to obtain an electronic version of the CCP Authorization Worksheet. A copy of the electronic CCP Authorization will be attached to the confirmation email sent to students after submitting the online CCP Application.
- For information about remote Accuplacer testing, visit the Testing Center page. If placement test scores are not available, Cincinnati State will use high school transcripts to determine course-level eligibility.
- Click for information about CCP Student Bookstore Procedures.
College Credit Plus (CCP) is an Ohio statewide program that provides qualified students in grades 7-12 the opportunity to take college courses and earn both high school and college credit, at little or no cost to the student.
Helpful CCP Videos
Use these videos for demonstrations of Cincinnati State processes such as searching and registering for online courses, and using online tools like the MyCState information portal, student email (SurgeMail), and the Starfish academic support portal.
More CCP Resources
- Resources for Parents & Students
- Private & Home School Students
- Resources for School Partners
- CCP to Degree
- Contact Us
More about Cincinnati State’s CCP Program
Cincinnati State offers College Credit Plus opportunities to qualified students through a variety of experiences. Students can take courses at any of our four campus locations and online. In some cases students can take courses in the high school classroom through partnerships between Cincinnati State and their high school.
Courses offered in the high school are the same courses offered on Cincinnati State’s campuses and are taught by high school teachers who have met rigorous college-level instruction standards established by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
- Many courses available on campus or online
- Opportunities to bring courses to the high school
- Earn a year or more worth of college credit at Cincinnati State prior to graduation from high school
- Engage with college professors
- Access to college courses not available in your high school
- Access to college resources (library, tutoring, activities)
- Grades matter! Grades received through CCP participation are reflected twice – on college and high school transcripts
- Grades earned in the college course remain a part of the student’s permanent record at the college
- College transfer credits earned through CCP are generally accepted by most major institutions. However, credits are not always guaranteed for transfer toward private or out-of-state institutions. Students should check with institutions of interest regarding their transfer policies.
- Students are responsible for transportation
- Students could be held liable for the cost of CCP tuition/fees and should understand the reimbursement policy of their public high school, where applicable
- The college schedule is the required schedule when students are enrolled in college courses, either on campus or online
- Academic content could be mature in nature