For Summer Semester 2020, all Cincinnati State classes are offered in one of three remote learning formats:
- Web (WEB code when you register). Courses are 100% online to give you flexibility to complete coursework at times your schedule permits. You need a computer and the internet but would not be required to use live audio and video streaming.
- Live Web (LIVW code when you register). Courses are 100% online with extensive required “real time” participation using live web-conferencing such as Blackboard Collaborate. You need high speed internet and a computer capable of supporting live audio and video streaming.
- Web Hybrid (WHYB code when you register) - Courses are 100% online, with occasional required “real time” participation using live web-conferencing such as Blackboard Collaborate. You need high speed internet and a computer capable of supporting live audio and video
Registration is open for Summer classes offered on a 10-week schedule, with classes starting Monday, June 1, and ending Saturday, August 8.
Some classes are offered on a 15-week schedule, beginning Monday, May 11, and ending Saturday, August 22.
To prepare for Summer remote classes, students should consider enrolling in Cincinnati State’s Online Orientation Workshop
- To get started, log into Blackboard/MyServices, look for the “Tools” on the top left side of the page, and click the link “Student Bb Resources”
- This self-paced activity takes 1 to 3 hours to complete, and helps students prepare for success in online courses at Cincinnati State
· If you have already registered for Summer classes, you should have received information (via Cincinnati State email) about any changes that affect your classes.
· If you have not yet registered for Summer classes, please take a look at the Summer schedule, and then register for classes online in the usual way.
If you need more information about staying on track in your degree or certificate classes, please reach out to your advisor or program chair.