“Apply4Student Relief” web page is launched
Cincinnati State students now have a “one-stop” online location to learn about a variety of emergency funds available from the College.
The web page “Apply for Student Relief Funds” (https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/apply4studentrelief) outlines several forms of financial assistance for students who are facing challenges and need help with:
- Emergency funds for shelter, food, medicine, and other basics.
- Short-term assistance with tuition and fees.
- Technology needed for completing courses remotely.
- Other emergency needs
The institutional emergency funds include:
Student Retention Focus Fund: Provides financial assistance to students at risk of dropping out because of unexpected financial setbacks, like loss of a job, a health crisis, transportation and child care costs, or hardships with rent or utilities. Funds are paid directly to the vendor (for instance, doctor, landlord, child care provider, utility company, etc.)
- Eligibility: Taking at least 9 credit hours, with cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. Must submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to Office of Financial Aid to determine financial need.
Charles E. Schell Foundation Loan Program: An interest-free loan program, designed as a pay-it-forward fund to help qualified students to secure a practical education that, without the loans, may not be otherwise attainable. Funds can be paid for tuition and fees or directly to a vendor.
- Eligibility: Age 18 to 25, with cumulative GPA of at least 2.0, citizen of Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia or adjoining states, with parents of moderate means who are also citizens of these states. Students must be honest, upright, intelligent, of practical appearance, and loyal to the United States and its institutions including the Army, Navy, and Air Force.
General Student Relief Fund: Provides financial assistance to eligible students in emergency situations if funding is not available through other emergency funds and/or College financial and payment plan arrangements.
- Eligibility: Assistance is provided based on need
To apply for assistance from any of these funds, students (or employees filling out a request on behalf of a student) should use the Student Relief Fund eForm available at https://web3.cincinnatistate.edu/eforms/eform.aspx?form_id=1941.
The “Apply for Student Relief Funds” web page also provides information about how to apply for a loaner laptop computer and/or Wi-Fi hotspot, how to get information about College scholarships, and how to apply for CARES Act funds.
Chief of Advancement Elliott Ruther said, “Thanks so much to all employees, retirees, alums, trustees, and Foundation Board members who have made donations to make these funds available to our students, and special thanks to the GCF & UW Covid-19 Rapid Response Fund for their gift.”
Employees, alumni, or friends of the College who wish to contribute to Student Relief Funds can visit the web page https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/studentrelief for more information.
For questions or considerations on making a gift to Student Relief Funds, contact Kim Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org).