Weather alert for Feb. 3, 4, and 5:
Due to weather conditions, all in-person classes, services & activities are cancelled on Feb. 3, 4, and 5 (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) at all Cincinnati State campuses (Clifton, Harrison, Evendale, & Middletown).
- Online classes & services continue as usual.
- Students: Check College email and course Blackboard websites for information from instructors.
In-person classes, services & activities will resume Monday, Feb. 7.
Cincinnati State Weather Closing/Delay Guidelines:
Weather conditions can lead to the College closing or a delayed start.
College administrators consider several factors when deciding on a weather delay or closing, including conditions on our campuses and on area roads, as well as weather predictions.
A decision to close or delay is made as early as possible, and is communicated by 6 a.m. to local radio and TV stations.
Decisions may be made and communicated at other times than early morning, depending on the specific weather event.
Other ways to find out Cincinnati State’s status on a bad weather day include:
- Sign up to receive notification by phone, text message, and email at CState Alert
- Visit the College’s Facebook page or Twitter feed
- Visit the homepage of the College website
- Call (513) 569-1500 for recorded information
If the College opens late, announcements will identify a specific opening time. For example, “Cincinnati State Technical and Community College opening at 10 a.m.”
When the College opens late or closes early, students should attend their in-person classes that are taking place during open times. Students should also check for notifications from their instructors about plans for class activities.
- For example, if the College opens at 10 a.m., a student whose class normally meets from 9 until 11 a.m. should attend the class from 10 to 11 a.m.
- For example, if the College is scheduled to close at 1 p.m., a student whose class normally meets from noon until 2 p.m. should attend the class from noon until 1 p.m.
- Students should check with their instructor via the course Blackboard site (or other methods established by the faculty member) for additional instructions.
Faculty members should make sure their students receive clear information about course procedures and expectations for days when classes are canceled or delayed.
Faculty members should also be aware of department/division policies and procedures regarding missed classes.
In cases of a delayed opening, gates on the Clifton Campus open 60 minutes before the announced opening time.
Facilities and Campus Safety personnel work hard to make the campus safe to open. Additional traffic and requests to open buildings inhibit the ability to prepare the campus for a safe opening. Please do not arrive until 60 minutes prior to the scheduled opening time.
If you have questions or concerns about College closing/delay information, please contact the Facilities Office at (513) 569-1559.