Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study is a part-time job on campus to help students offset the cost of education and get real world work experience. Funding from the Federal government.
The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) provides part-time jobs to help qualified students earn money while attending classes. Students can apply for student worker jobs to help offset the cost of their education.
- Qualifying for the Federal Work-Study Program depends on the student’s level of financial need.
- Varieties of jobs available include clerical work, tutoring, and assisting in computer labs.
- Pay rates and rules are the same for Federal Work-Study workers and other student workers.
How to Apply for Federal Work-Study Jobs:
- Complete the FAFSA form. Use school code 010345 for Cincinnati State.
- View current Cincinnati State job openings and apply to jobs listed as “Federal Work-Study Student Worker” or “Student Worker.”
- The Federal Work Study Coordinator will review your eligibility, job application, and academic progress.
- If chosen for a job and eligible for the Federal Work-Study program, the Human Resources Office will contact you to complete the hiring process.